irishpete

Pinning 9mm CZ mags

I managed to get a new CZ SP-01 Tactical in 9mm on GB this week at a great price  but it has 18 rd mags.

Where could i get the mags shipped to to have them made legal ? or is there no real financially reasonable way to take possession of them.

I see cdnn has 15 rd mags for 17.99 a piece

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/cz9mm15blstp.html

What are the options ?

Irish Pete

15rd mags at CDNN..    Pro Mags..   run away

i know Steve at Monmouth Arms can pin them for you (he pinned mine), but since he's pretty far away, you may or may not want to send them to him..  Other FFL's up north might be able to respond if they can pin them as well..

Do not, under any circumstances, purchase ProMag pistol magazines. They will turn even the most reliable handgun into a jam o matic.It seems like every gun owner tries the pro mag experiment. It's like a rite of passage (including myself). I have yet to meet a satisfied customer. I have no idea how they remain in business.

BTW...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/918412/mec-gar-magazine-cz-75-9mm-luger-16-round-steel-blue

Mecgar 16rd mags that you may be able to have shipped to an FFL to pin..  Not sure of Midway's policy on that..   but for $23, even with shipping and paying someone to pin, still would be cheaper than buying the 10-rd mags.. 

Nick at Mastadon most likely will be able to I believe. Theyre in highland lakes.

I checked with them a few months ago when I was looking at the CZ75 and at that time they were not pinning mags. Hopefully that has changed as I'd love to find someone up this way that can do it.

The sp01 mags are the extended ones.... So they really need to be pinned or blocked.

Chris at bullseye tactical , forum vendor, deals a lot with them. I would send him a pm. He should be able to point you in the right direction.

Regular cz 75 mags will work...

The difference between 15 and 16 round mags was simply the follower, so if you got your hands on old parts, you can make them nj compliant. Otherwise, cz is not doing 15 round mags anymore.

Don't let the fact that it comes with 18 round mags stop you from getting the gun.  The mags are non-compliant but the gun is not.  Either:

A.  Have seller keep the non-compliant mags and ship just the gun.  Go purchase compliant mags prior to picking up gun.

B.  Find FFL that will pin mags for you and have it shipped as is.  So what if you have to travel a little to an FFL that will do this for you.  You'll meet at least one interesting person at the FFL's place of business and maybe even chat with some other customers and meet more than one interesting person! 

I did B.  Was charged $10 per mag ....valuable of meeting knowledge FFL, priceless.  I

Congrats on your purchase.

On the flipside for option B:

As an FFL, buy some CZ mags, pin them, advertise that you have them for sale at a reasonable price but only in store. Attract CZ owners to your store and attempt to get yourself some new customers.

As a CZ owner whose mags are 40% promag :( - I would be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the state to rectify that.

On the flipside for option B:

As an FFL, buy some CZ mags, pin them, advertise that you have them for sale at a reasonable price but only in store. Attract CZ owners to your store and attempt to get yourself some new customers.

As a CZ owner whose mags are 40% promag :( - I would be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the state to rectify that.

if i had 40% Pro Mags, i would be willing to drive to get them replaced too..  lol

that said, people are aware that the already legal 10-round CZ mags are readily available these days, right?  (yeah, i know, people want more than 10 rounds)

The 10 rounders cost a fortune , much more than the 16 rounders.

I do see posts that the CZ promags fit the baby eagle So curious if the baby eagle mags fits the CZ75 - you'd think so.

so gun comes with 2 mags and lets say FFL will pin them, its not enough mags.

So Will a online store let you buy the 16 rounder mags and ship them to an FFL - anyone ever done this ?

So Will a online store let you buy the 16 rounder mags and ship them to an FFL - anyone ever done this ?

I can't speak for Midway, but I just placed an order with Sportsman Outdoor Superstore for a gun with 16 round mags (and a couple extra mags as well). They sent me an e-mail stating they either they would need to exclude the mags, or I could cancel the order. I called them up and explained that it would be going to an FFL (Monmouth Arms) that would be modifying the mags to be NJ compliant. They said it was fine, but they'd need to talk to him to confirm. I gave them Steven's number, and I don't know what they discussed, but all I know is I now have a Fedex tracking #!

SO I have good news on 2 fronts.

1) I am having the gun + mags sent to my FFL and they will pin the 2 magazines.
2) Turns out that RTSP has 16 round CZ75B mags already pinned to 15 and ready for sale @ $39 each.
    Its expensive but better than paying that much for 10 rd mags from CZ/Midway

SO I have good news on 2 fronts.

1) I am having the gun + mags sent to my FFL and they will pin the 2 magazines.

2) Turns out that RTSP has 16 round CZ75B mags already pinned to 15 and ready for sale @ $39 each.

Its expensive but better than paying that much for 10 rd mags from CZ/Midway

Considering that is what I've paid for some Sig mags in the past..... It is indeed welcomed news. Thank You.

Hey Pete I have the same gun except I have 10 rounders. You will love it the gun is awesome. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. I'm actually moving back to the NA area, Kearny but only one block from the pike.

Pat