Maksim

New Show Casting ( LE & Daughters)

Hey guys, I just got a message from a casting director for a new show, from the producers of Duck Dynasty.  Wanted to post this here for our little family to be aware of.

Hello,

I am a Casting Director with Gurney Productions, same Producers of the award winning show Duck Dynasty. We are now casting a show about law enforcement officials, attorneys, judges, etc (retired or active) and their daughters. New Jersey State only. Age Range 17 - 22. Any help you can be getting the word out, is greatly appreciated. Or if you know of anyone that would love this opportunity, please let me know. Feel free to email me or call.

Thanks!
Carly Ullinskey
[email protected]

There is something weird about request. To me it seems to be casting a very wide net, which to me says they don't have any idea on the show that they are trying to create. A show about a judge and daughter would be quite different than a show about a LEO and daughter. Most of the time Reality TV show are based around some unique family or some interesting private business. For the jobs they want these people to have you really can't have people around recording most of that type of stuff, which takes out the business part of the equation (which seems to have already been taken out of the equation since hey are also looking at retired LE officials). So that leaves just family life for the show to be about in which case you need an interesting family to be the stars, so why limit your self to LEOs. There is no special relationship that a LEO parent and daughter would have that others wouldn't. (If it was specifically an active cop and daughter you could use the parent is often in danger angle, but they are looking at  attorneys and judges including retirees too. That danger angle would not really apply)

Than there is the fact that it's NJ only residents they are looking for, why? We know this show must be focusing mainly on the family, and interesting families can be any where. In fact being NJ only limits the uniqueness of what you may find quite a bit, just based on how populated we are. We don't have the smallest towns, or the biggest cities. It just seems to be a very strange limitation to their casting.

The strangest part about the message in my eyes was that she uses a gmail account. It seems very odd that it's not a company email.

translation: need young eye candy a la paige

A little googling does show that they were the producers for American Guns so this seems pretty likely if it's legit.