Windham offers some fantastic hardware at good prices.  I did a ton of research on ARs while shopping around, and in my opinion, Windham offers the best value.  They also have a high level of customer satisfaction.  They are not the cheapest but a similarly equipped system from top tier manufacturers will cost a couple to several hundreds more.  The money you save can go into optics.  With that said, while I was shopping around and talking to AR owners I was persuaded into building instead of buying a complete rifle.  After seeing how standardized all the parts are and how much I can save if I wait for components to go on sale I will save a great deal of money and will be intimately familiar with the firearm.

Check every day. You become neurotic Lol. If its a good sale it will most likely get posted somewhere on here.

Your right about the neurosis.  I've been checking in on the sights that I'm most likely to buy from on a daily basis.  After a while you get a feel for what the regular price is, what a sale price is and what a blowout price is.  Blowout pricing is extremely rare though.  It's all good though.  Each time I look for parts I learn just a little bit more about the options and what is worth the extra money and whats just marketing hype.  I'd rather pay $900.00 for a $1,200.00 rifle instead of the other way around.  You do not always get what you pay for when it comes to pricey components.  On the other hand, if all you buy is bargain basement, you pretty much get what you pay for, cheap unreliable stuff.  I'm a patient man.  I wont be buying anything until after christmas.  Yep, even the firearms market is subject to the holiday season markkups and big post holiday sales.