Sign in to follow this  
Smokin .50

Garden State Black Powder to host Rendezvous on Vernon, NJ Farm

The Garden State Black Powder Association's Annual Rendezvous and Encampment will take place starting this weekend at High Breeze Farm in Vernon, NJ. The following weekend (Saturday October 12th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm--ONE day only) we will have a "Friends and Family" Day where folks interested in traditional black powder muzzleloading, tomahawk and knife throwing, traditional archery, cooking over open wood camp fires, and colonial camp life are invited to come and watch as we enjoy living the 1740-1840 lifestyle in our historical Encampment!

So this notice is an open invitation to come and see some of what we do during those "magic" four hours:  10:00 am - 2:00 pm on Saturday 12 October!  If anyone is interested, please post here so that I can inform our Club leadership of your expected arrival.  This is a NO-CHARGE offer.  So it's a great opportunity to learn about traditional muzzleloading from some of the best shots in the State!  

Please respect our wishes and be sure to leave the Camp by 2:00 pm, and while in Camp remember that the inside of the tents are off-limits (unless you're invited to peek) due to insurance and safety purposes.

We hope to see some of the regular posters to this board come and visit us for a spell.

Dave Rosenthal

G.S.B.P.A. Chief Range Safety Officer

NRA CRSO

NRA Life Member

NRA Distinguished Expert in Muzzleloading Rifle and Pistol

Sat OCT 12.........  Well being you will be up on the frontier, let's home the outpost's will be manned.....  :)  Let's also not forget this area of NJ could have been considered and was considered, the true frontier during the F&I War.

When we meet I have two books for you........  One is War in the Woods.....a great read...

So you'll be able to come then?  Looking forward to it and bring the books--I can put them in my tent!

When we're at Lounsberry Hollow School doing our annual Living History Program for the kids, part of the history lesson is traveling back in time when all of Vernon was woods and an occasional path between farms--NO roads for the school buses and NO McDonald's!  Those pathways tuned into roads, and that's why the roads up your way are so curvey--the were once the paths used to go see your neighbor and trade with him...