Sign in to follow this  
XDm9-3.8

Electronic NICS

Anyone have info about using electronic NICS checks in NJ now?  Talked to one dealer who is using it...says it takes a bit longer then the phone.  Talked to another who says they have tried it, but will continue using the phone until forced to do it electronically.  Discussion?

As of Oct 11th I believe, that will be the only way. And only one qualified person in store may access a customer one at a time. Which means multiple employees can not log on at same time to do the nics checks. So get ready to take line tickets like in a deli for your turn....

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

What takes so long anyway? Why can't NICS be truly instant?

This is 2013 dammit. Gunbot can scour the internet for the cheapest price on ammo in a matter of seconds but it takes 15 minutes for the Government to find out if you're a felon?

Gunbot doesn't do it in seconds. Think it says on their page every 20 or 30 mins or so... But not instant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

When will this state learn we are the customers. Every interaction with this state is like they are doing you a favor. Nothing is done in this state for the benefit or ease of the taxpayer. Northeast states suck. Cannot wait to get the hell out of here.

Gunbot doesn't do it in seconds. Think it says on their page every 20 or 30 mins or so... But not instant.

Does it take 20 minutes to scour the net? I don't really think so. They could be doing it that infrequently to reduce load. But anyway it should be possible in 2013 to do a real instant background check.

Does it take 20 minutes to scour the net? I don't really think so. They could be doing it that infrequently to reduce load. But anyway it should be possible in 2013 to do a real instant background check.

For sure... As for gunbot, you cant complain. What I like are the filters and stuff. You can see price per round, etc.. Plus it's free..