Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

Ammo Cabinets...

What? Who? Where? Why? When? Ehem.... Cough..cough..(phlegm) ...(slapping lips)... Yaaaaawwwnnnn, (scratching private parts).....

(Rubbing eyes and running pipe cleaner through ears)....Must of been having a nightmare.

Heh... Not that stocked up yet... By next month maybe...

So...You're bringing the ammo to the next range BBQ? :D

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Don't have any spare safes or floor space unless I can get my wife to let me put it somewhere that doesn't occupy furniture or her stuff.... She doesn't like clutter and I'm guilty of that. I'm more man cave mentality, she's more contemporary and things that look nice.

Think I found something that will work and fit perfectly on top of my safe... Kobalt Cabinet from Lowes..

http://www.lowes.com/pd_19801-1281-KB3020DR2_0__?productId=3418846&Ntt=kobalt+cabinet&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dkobalt%2Bcabinet&facetInfo=

38-in H x 30-in W x 20-in D Metal Multipurpose Cabinet 157.00

• Heavy-duty steel with durable textured powder coated finish
  • One adjustable shelf holds up to 125 lbs and one fixed bottom shelf holds up to 100 lbs
  • Free standing or wall mount
  • Adjustable feet for leveling

Have to get over there and check it out...

Think I found something that will work and fit perfectly on top of my safe... Kobalt Cabinet from Lowes..

I've looked at those and I found them kinda flimsy for ammo storage.  Remember you're going to be putting a significant weight in there and most shelves, even if they could handle tools, they're not substantial enough for ammo.

Thought the shelves said about 150 lbs for the adjustable and 100 for the fixed. Not hanging it either. I have to get over there. They have others too, but if I have to go crazy trying to fine something and it's expensive, might as well build the darn thing...

Don't have any spare safes or floor space unless I can get my wife to let me put it somewhere that doesn't occupy furniture or her stuff.... She doesn't like clutter and I'm guilty of that. I'm more man cave mentality, she's more contemporary and things that look nice.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_19801-1281-KB3020DR2_0__?productId=3418846&Ntt=kobalt+cabinet&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dkobalt%2Bcabinet&facetInfo=

38-in H x 30-in W x 20-in D Metal Multipurpose Cabinet 157.00

• Heavy-duty steel with durable textured powder coated finish
  • One adjustable shelf holds up to 125 lbs and one fixed bottom shelf holds up to 100 lbs
  • Free standing or wall mount
  • Adjustable feet for leveling
Have to get over there and check it out...

Not sure if it's relative to the lowes model...but I was in a Home Depot earlier today and checked out the husky brand clone to that one ....was pretty cheesy... I opened the doors and put my hand on the shelf and it bowed down REALLY easy....maybe the lowes one is a better quality...but I don't see the husky one being able to hold more than a couple hundred rounds before the shelf failing...

I'll have to find the link and post it but I saw an interesting gun storage unit that looks like an ottoman. I guess you could purchse 2. 1 would hold just ammo and the second could hold your guns (or some of them depending on how many you have).

Here it is:

https://www.gun-cabinet.com/store.html?product=78&back=3

Just saw that Overstock.com has same item for about same price but with free shipping:

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Gun-Concealment-Bench/8006780/product.html

Looks nice and I like the entire "hiding in plain site" idea.