intercooler

another huge -1 for Cherry Ridge, Range Nazis

I just don't know why I pay for this place. I go to there this afternoon to do some plinking and I bring a few small targets to set out. NO sooner do I put them out, get back to the tables and the RO is there giving me a hard time about it.

NO targets unless they are the club frames he says....

(I am at the frigging plinking range that they said that you can bring whatever small targets to.)

(it was an 18x24 sign 2 feet off the ground I set IN FRONT of the bullet traps lower than the spinners)

Now this is the first trip to the range that I have been able to do in a year, and I get this? WTF?

Last year we went to the pistol range and the RO was constantly standing all around me hovering. She was a pain in the ass to the point that my wife was so uncomfortable we left.

So now apparently since I can't even shoot a 22 without a hassle.

Cant go to the pistol range because the jerks won't let you put a target out till the 1/2 hour, but will call CF when they want to go.

Can't go to the rifle range because the mall sweep you constantly and they seem to be attracted to wherever I shoot even if all the other ports are open...and then there is always the asshole who won't let you change targets until HE is done and ready.

First range trip in a year, after the range Nazi? packed my shit up and left, we were there less than 5 minutes total...almost killed by a group of dirt bike flying up the access road going in and then the same going out...but I guess that isn't the RO problem. People like me are.  

I am done, I am taking Junkmanted's advice.

We've put up spinners before at the .22 range and didn't have a problem.  Actually several times.  Is this a new rule or something that wasn't enforced?

Rick - A lot is at the discretion of the RO.  You're a regular and are known safe.

I just get tired of all the whining about CR...   A lot of ninjas for the ROs to take care of.  Their job isn't easy.

What kind of sign?

Rick - A lot is at the discretion of the RO.  You're a regular and are known safe.

I just get tired of all the whining about CR...   A lot of ninjas for the ROs to take care of.  Their job isn't easy.

I got tired of the RO telling me that a range flag through the action and mag well wasn't safe.  Or a range flag through a revolver cylinder wasn't safe or leaning my target against my range table as I wait for a target change wasn't safe(I guess some dummy was going to turn sideways and shoot down the line) or how about the time I got yelled at for having my rifle aimed too high?  Action open, unloaded, flag in barrel?  I lifted it up to look down the scope and lowered it in about 2 seconds...well, I could go on and on and on.   I live two miles away and I didn't renew and won't unless the ROs actually stop trying to nitpick for the sake of being nitpicky.

Rick - A lot is at the discretion of the RO. You're a regular and are known safe.

I just get tired of all the whining about CR... A lot of ninjas for the ROs to take care of. Their job isn't easy.

No doubt but there needs to be some consistency. I'm not a member but if it was happening to me, I'd leave also.

Wow... can't say I've had any probs... usually, (female RO, Heather... daughter of of the Dempsey club officers), has never given me a prob. May hang around to bs, but never seen her hassling... Others usually bug me for my brass, no hassles. Just Steve can be a dick... (head RO)... but he's just a Old Fudd... ;) gene is a good guy, etc., etc... shrug...

What kind of sign?

I got tired of the RO telling me that a range flag through the action and mag well wasn't safe.  Or a range flag through a revolver cylinder wasn't safe or leaning my target against my range table as I wait for a target change wasn't safe(I guess some dummy was going to turn sideways and shoot down the line) or how about the time I got yelled at for having my rifle aimed too high?  Action open, unloaded, flag in barrel?  I lifted it up to look down the scope and lowered it in about 2 seconds...well, I could go on and on and on.   I live two miles away and I didn't renew and won't unless the ROs actually stop trying to nitpick for the sake of being nitpicky.

Mark  - I've had the same issues with the location of chamber flags  Yes it sux.  As far as the muzzle attitude...I've had to motar a rifle and what I do is grab a RO make him come over and watch what I'm doing...Never a problem. A little humility goes a long way.

As far as proximity to the bench during a cease fire? FU ninjas (not you Mark) stay the "F" away from the bench when I'm down range PERIOD!

I'm old and want to be older.  Shot once in your life is enough.

Wow... can't say I've had any probs... usually, (female RO, Heather... daughter of of the Dempsey club officers), has never given me a prob. May hang around to bs, but never seen her hassling... Others usually bug me for my brass, no hassles. Just Steve can be a dick... (head RO)... but he's just a Old Fudd... ;) gene is a good guy, etc., etc... shrug...

Doc (Steve) is the salt of the earth.  If there is a gray area he takes the side of caution.

Maybe, he plays the side of ignorance and unruly at times too. He yelled at me once for something that was his fault. He gets one with me. Next time his ears bleed... then his lip bleeds. Simple as that. Nobody fooking yells at me. Especially when they are wrong. Fooking blind bastard has a bad attitude with people. He's the ONLY one I've had probs with. I have the utmost respect for the elderly... but if they have a problem, then fook 'em.

I get along with all the others and the Dempsey's...

Doc (Steve) is the salt of the earth.  If there is a gray area he takes the side of caution.

As far as proximity to the bench during a cease fire? FU ninjas (not you Mark) stay the "F" away from the bench when I'm down range PERIOD!

I'm old and want to be older.  Shot once in your life is enough.

You misunderstood.  When he complained about my target, the range was hot...it was actually leaning against the wooden thing with the numbers on it right up next to the bench.   It wasn't on the table or anything.

You misunderstood.  When he complained about my target, the range was hot...it was actually leaning against the wooden thing with the numbers on it right up next to the bench.   It wasn't on the table or anything.

Thanks for the clarification  

I just don't know why I pay for this place. I go to there this afternoon to do some plinking and I bring a few small targets to set out. NO sooner do I put them out, get back to the tables and the RO is there giving me a hard time about it.

NO targets unless they are the club frames he says....

(I am at the frigging plinking range that they said that you can bring whatever small targets to.)

(it was an 18x24 sign 2 feet off the ground I set IN FRONT of the bullet traps lower than the spinners)

Now this is the first trip to the range that I have been able to do in a year, and I get this? WTF?

Last year we went to the pistol range and the RO was constantly standing all around me hovering. She was a pain in the ass to the point that my wife was so uncomfortable we left.

So now apparently since I can't even shoot a 22 without a hassle.

Cant go to the pistol range because the jerks won't let you put a target out till the 1/2 hour, but will call CF when they want to go.

Can't go to the rifle range because the mall sweep you constantly and they seem to be attracted to wherever I shoot even if all the other ports are open...and then there is always the asshole who won't let you change targets until HE is done and ready.

First range trip in a year, after the range Nazi? packed my shit up and left, we were there less than 5 minutes total...almost killed by a group of dirt bike flying up the access road going in and then the same going out...but I guess that isn't the RO problem. People like me are.

I am done, I am taking Junkmanted's advice.

As clearly stated in the rules

Target Frame*

This is a variation of the frame that must be used on the Handgun, 100 Yard and Rimfire (area) Ranges. The frame is made from 1-5/8x 1-5/8 wood stock (standard 2 x 2), 6 feet high and 24 inches wide (outside measurements).

My understanding is your "frames" where constructed of metal.

even if they where not the rules do state the proper permitted frame.

I have seen a lot of gripes in the past here . all I can say is in most cases you only receive half the story.

I don't know, guys...  

I'm a suspicious person by definition: the way I look, the way I speak etc. 

Usually ROs at CR giving me a lot of stinking eye on the beginning, but when I start operating firearms, they move and leave me alone. 

As clearly stated in the rules

Target Frame*

This is a variation of the frame that must be used on the Handgun, 100 Yard and Rimfire (area) Ranges. The frame is made from 1-5/8x 1-5/8 wood stock (standard 2 x 2), 6 feet high and 24 inches wide (outside measurements).

My understanding is your "frames" where constructed of metal.

even if they where not the rules do state the proper permitted frame.

I have seen a lot of gripes in the past here . all I can say is in most cases you only receive half the story.

And this makes perfect sense on the rimfire range where all the targets that are there are steel.  Again, rules, make no sense.  Furthermore, if I setup a REGULATION target stand dimensions as per CR's own rules, on the rimfire range I WILL be shooting ABOVE the berm, or the trap.

I only shoot at indoor ranges... Bullet Hole, RTSP, and Woodland Park (GFH). I really, really want to shoot outdoors and I have considered joining CR. However, I read so much negative information about the place that I don't consider it an option for me.

Don't let it deter you. Go check it out. There are a lot more people that like it than don't. You got to remember. People very rarely say anything nice when things go as expected. But when things go wrong, the gates of hell get unlocked and hell breaks loose.

Don't believe me? Ask Sam and Dean.... ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I am a lifetime member of Cherry Ridge (joined about 2 years ago). Have shot there a couple dozen times. Never one issue with any of the range officers. In fact, I rarely ever have any interaction with them...and on the few occasions that I have, they have been very pleasant.

Not for nothing, but in many of the complaints I have read online regarding CR, the posters seem to come off with attitude/chips on their shoulder.

I am a lifetime member of Cherry Ridge (joined about 2 years ago). Have shot there a couple dozen times. Never one issue with any of the range officers. In fact, I rarely ever have any interaction with them...and on the few occasions that I have, they have been very pleasant. Not for nothing, but in many of the complaints I have read online regarding CR, the posters seem to come off with attitude/chips on their shoulder.

It's a beautiful facility, run poorly.  Swade - do you have your key fob for the gate yet?

And this makes perfect sense on the rimfire range where all the targets that are there are steel. Again, rules, make no sense. Furthermore, if I setup a REGULATION target stand dimensions as per CR's own rules, on the rimfire range I WILL be shooting ABOVE the berm, or the trap.

as a mater of fact that would also be in violation of the range rules that state that all your shoots must impact the berms/traps .

as a responsible firearms owner that follows the most basic firearms rules "always know your target and what is beyond"

you would not have a problem using the stated frame.

The only constant IMHO is the folks here that have a bitch here are those that feel that range rules (that you agreed to when you joined) do not apply to you and you get your feelings hurt if someone calls you on it.

It's a beautiful facility, run poorly. Swade - do you have your key fob for the gate yet?

Not yet. I haven't been there in a couple months. Primarily shoot shotguns during the summer months (skeet, trap, sporting clays).

I spend most of my time at Cherry Ridge during the Fall, Winter and early Spring.

Do you have yours?

I dont know. I've screwed up there a bunch of times there since joining a few years ago. I was always corrected nicely. The last one was for leaning a target against the bench during a target change. Just a frustrated wave of the hand and a few words. Another time I was adjusting my grip and pointed the muzzle down. That got me a tap on the shoulder and a quite reprimand. Really after about 50 or so trips the worst thing I've seen was an I run the range lecture when we decided among ourselves to do a target change. A few minuets later we asked and received another from the same RO. But I'm pretty receptive to advice as I'm new to this stuff so I know I have to learn some things.

Sometimes I think many problems are created by members reactions to being corrected. I do hate waiting on target changes though. I hope one day they get electric changers. Waiting for the change time drives me nuts.

Don't let it deter you. Go check it out. There are a lot more people that like it than don't. You got to remember. People very rarely say anything nice when things go as expected. But when things go wrong, the gates of hell get unlocked and hell breaks loose.

Don't believe me? Ask Sam and Dean.... ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

+1