intercooler

another huge -1 for Cherry Ridge, Range Nazis

Deb said they send out the renewals to a company, then I guess embed the info and/or date or something.

She said that was the approx turn around time. I renewed a couple weeks ago so I'm guessing soon. No hurry.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

LastShot, on 07 Oct 2013 - 3:56 PM, said:LastShot, on 07 Oct 2013 - 3:56 PM, said:

As clearly stated in the rules

Target Frame*

This is a variation of the frame that must be used on the Handgun, 100 Yard and Rimfire (area) Ranges. The frame is made from 1-5/8x 1-5/8 wood stock (standard 2 x 2), 6 feet high and 24 inches wide (outside measurements).

My understanding is your "frames" where constructed of metal.

even if they where not the rules do state the proper permitted frame.

I have seen a lot of gripes in the past here . all I can say is in most cases you only receive half the story.

so you are calling me a liar?

why are the other targets there legal? why do they say that you can bring your own?

Why is it that whenever ANYONE has a gripe you feel the need to fight back?

5 year I have been a member; is my $ worth less than yours? or anyone else's?

I guess because I am not one of their "known members" that I deserve to be harassed? 

djg0770, on 07 Oct 2013 - 6:17 PM, said:

And this makes perfect sense on the rimfire range where all the targets that are there are steel.  Again, rules, make no sense.  Furthermore, if I setup a REGULATION target stand dimensions as per CR's own rules, on the rimfire range I WILL be shooting ABOVE the berm, or the trap.

that was my point to the range Nazi....the fact that I showed the guy that it would cause the bullets to go over the berm into whatever valley is behind the range did not mean crap to him.  Nor did the fact that the sign that stood less than 3 feet from the ground was DIRECTLY in from of a bullet trap, to the right of the tall spinner (which is higher btw than my sign was) mattered. But you know Last Shot is gonna say that I am wrong and they are always right since he apparently works there.

I donated my time and my $ there more than once, I have brought at least 25 people there to join, all new to shooting ...

I am not wasting my cash there anymore since they only respect the "known shooters"

I've had mostly good experiences there. It's not normally RO's that are barking. The damn wanna-be's are the issue. I saw one sitting on top of a bench between red and yellow lines during CF as if he was a king on his throne. RO came over and dethroned him for the rest of the day.

There are a lot of people that do dumb things there. Unfortunately sometimes the good guys get caught up in the mix.

This is a public comment.  I could have sent a PM to the Moderators but I want everyone to see it that is involved in this thread. This is where OUR forum is going astray.

This whining CR bashing thread should have been locked because there is no value and just back and forth banter.

Other threads that have had value have been locked and the reason given was "back and forth banter, no value"

Why?  I suspect I know.

This is a public comment. I could have sent a PM to the Moderators but I want everyone to see it that is involved in this thread. This is where OUR forum is going astray.

This whining CR bashing thread should have been locked because there is no value and just back and forth banter.

Other threads that have had value have been locked and the reason given was "back and forth banter, no value"

Why? I suspect I know.

The so called "back and forth banter" is called a discussion/conversation.

And not for nothing, your post sounds more "whiny" than anything else I have read in this thread.

Feel free at any time to exercise your prerogative not to click on this thread.

And for the record, I happen to like Cherry Ridge a lot. I just happen to like not censoring people a little bit more.

The so called "back and forth banter" is called a discussion/conversation.

And not for nothing, your post sounds more "whiny" than anything else I have read in this thread.

Feel free at any time to exercise your prerogative not to click on this thread.

Ease up a little....

Frank is a long standing member of this forum, and is not whining....   He enjoys CR, and is merely defending the place. 

CR has many merits.....  but has  a few faults.... 

There is room for all opinions here...... 

Keep it civil

There is room for all opinions here......

My point exactly! As long as people are respectful in the way they convey their opinions, why lock the thread? Just because he does not agree with those opinions?

And again, I am a big supporter of Cherry Ridge (see my first post in this thread). I just don't see the sense in censoring others that don't share my opinion.

This is the problem as I see it:

A Range as big as Cherry Ridge draws in lots of Folks.  Some know where the muzzle goes and some do not.  When making RULES, they have to cater to the LOWEST form of life that uses the Ranges.  Mall Ninjas and Wannabe's abound, and the RO's can't be everywhere at once in a complex as HUGE as CR is.  Could it be run better?  Yes in some cases, but the dues would go up for more staff.  I wonder why I never read about Forum Member XYZ seeing something and whistle-blowing to the staff so the Club can make that person "go-away"?  Instead we only read about the gripes and BS over target frames.  Or somebody worrying about being "watched".  Being watched is a GRIPE?  You Idiots better get over yourselves!  When I'm at a range, I watch EVERYBODY!  Those that look like they know what they're doing get a smile, a wave, a hello.  Those who do NOT know what they are doing I politely intervene and ask if they need any help.  The problem gets "schmoozed"-away without incident.  Checking for open actions and which way a muzzle is pointed IS NOT something to get pissy about.  At most ranges, it's everyone's responsibility.

As a former Board Member of a Club, I find it extremely interesting that NO ONE has ever gotten on to the Forum and claimed that they were THROWN-OUT for breaking some sort of RULE.  I wonder why that is?  There is a certain group of un-trainable/unsafe Idiots that do SH!T and deserve to be asked to leave!  The Range Rules exist to protect everyone's SAFETY.  If there is a legitimate concern as to the meaning of a Rule, see a RO.  If the Rule is somewhat outdated due to range construction/re-engineering, bring it to the attention of the Board to investigate and make appropriate change(s).

Cherry Ridge is a heck of a value.  Since the Firing Lines are so wide, it takes a little longer for target changes and flag inspections.  All wide Ranges suffer this situation.  I shoot there 2-3 times a year and really enjoy it (I go as a member of a member club).  We're so SAFE we're allowed to RO ourselves, so we're proactive and help run the Firing Line.  In all of the years I've shot there our Club has never had a problem.  Why is that?

To those reading this and worrying about "RULES" interfering with your enjoyment of firearms, I have to suggest that you go find some property to buy so you can build and maintain your own outdoor Range.  Same for those Ninjas worried about being "WATCHED"!  And to the rest of you that would enjoy some semblance of "order" and SAFETY, I strongly encourage you to join the long line of Probies at the monthly Sign-up.

Dave

NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Competitive Shooter in Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Black Powder

The so called "back and forth banter" is called a discussion/conversation. And not for nothing, your post sounds more "whiny" than anything else I have read in this thread. Feel free at any time to exercise your prerogative not to click on this thread. And for the record, I happen to like Cherry Ridge a lot. I just happen to like not censoring people a little bit more.

PM sent

I've had ROs stand near & watch me. I assume they're trying to pick up techniques on how to shoot as well as I do. ;)

Now that they have cameras you can report the time and port of someone that is not being safety conscious. Sadly like with driving we are limited by the lowest common denominator.

I've been a member for a while now and I'm ok with tough rules in the name of safety.  While you may be very experienced and safe at the range others may be new and not quite as versed in range safety.  Thus, I believe they need to have some tough rules erring to the inexperienced.

I've found most ROs to be decent folks and they correct your mistakes, I give them a sorry, shoulda know better and they're cool.

Once I put up a double aim point target at the 200 yard range (my mistake) and Steve corrected me and said, "I could make you take that down but just correct it at the next CF."  

I was wrong, I apologized, he could've stopped the line and had me do the drive of shame while everyone waited, but I wasn't a jerk so he cut me a little slack.  I'm sure if it were a safety violation he'd had a different view on it.  

I like CR, it's reasonably close, out doors and I've no issues to speak of.

This is the problem as I see it:

A Range as big as Cherry Ridge draws in lots of Folks.  Some know where the muzzle goes and some do not.  When making RULES, they have to cater to the LOWEST form of life that uses the Ranges.  Mall Ninjas and Wannabe's abound, and the RO's can't be everywhere at once in a complex as HUGE as CR is.  Could it be run better?  Yes in some cases, but the dues would go up for more staff.  I wonder why I never read about Forum Member XYZ seeing something and whistle-blowing to the staff so the Club can make that person "go-away"?  Instead we only read about the gripes and BS over target frames.  Or somebody worrying about being "watched".  Being watched is a GRIPE?  You Idiots better get over yourselves!  When I'm at a range, I watch EVERYBODY!  Those that look like they know what they're doing get a smile, a wave, a hello.  Those who do NOT know what they are doing I politely intervene and ask if they need any help.  The problem gets "schmoozed"-away without incident.  Checking for open actions and which way a muzzle is pointed IS NOT something to get pissy about.  At most ranges, it's everyone's responsibility.

As a former Board Member of a Club, I find it extremely interesting that NO ONE has ever gotten on to the Forum and claimed that they were THROWN-OUT for breaking some sort of RULE.  I wonder why that is?  There is a certain group of un-trainable/unsafe Idiots that do SH!T and deserve to be asked to leave!  The Range Rules exist to protect everyone's SAFETY.  If there is a legitimate concern as to the meaning of a Rule, see a RO.  If the Rule is somewhat outdated due to range construction/re-engineering, bring it to the attention of the Board to investigate and make appropriate change(s).

Cherry Ridge is a heck of a value.  Since the Firing Lines are so wide, it takes a little longer for target changes and flag inspections.  All wide Ranges suffer this situation.  I shoot there 2-3 times a year and really enjoy it (I go as a member of a member club).  We're so SAFE we're allowed to RO ourselves, so we're proactive and help run the Firing Line.  In all of the years I've shot there our Club has never had a problem.  Why is that?

To those reading this and worrying about "RULES" interfering with your enjoyment of firearms, I have to suggest that you go find some property to buy so you can build and maintain your own outdoor Range.  Same for those Ninjas worried about being "WATCHED"!  And to the rest of you that would enjoy some semblance of "order" and SAFETY, I strongly encourage you to join the long line of Probies at the monthly Sign-up.

Dave

NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Competitive Shooter in Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Black Powder

+1

For the record,I was only stating the fact that every range that we shoot at has rules that we shoot

under,It is not my intention to infringe on anyone's 1st amendment rights,nor was I directing my comments to any one person.

I was stating facts.

if you feel you were personally attacked this was not my intent.

I've been a member for a while now and I'm ok with tough rules in the name of safety.  While you may be very experienced and safe at the range others may be new and not quite as versed in range safety.  Thus, I believe they need to have some tough rules erring to the inexperienced.

I've found most ROs to be decent folks and they correct your mistakes, I give them a sorry, shoulda know better and they're cool.

Once I put up a double aim point target at the 200 yard range (my mistake) and Steve corrected me and said, "I could make you take that down but just correct it at the next CF."  

I was wrong, I apologized, he could've stopped the line and had me do the drive of shame while everyone waited, but I wasn't a jerk so he cut me a little slack.  I'm sure if it were a safety violation he'd had a different view on it.  

I like CR, it's reasonably close, out doors and I've no issues to speak of.

What is a double aim point target?

What is a double aim point target?

he was probly referencing that he had the audacity to put two targets on his target frame. The special blend imported backer board the range uses is very expensive and rare so they dont want you to shoot it up any more than necessery.

he was probly referencing that he had the audacity to put two targets on his target frame. The special blend imported backer board the range uses is very expensive and rare so they dont want you to shoot it up any more than necessery.

Oh ... Lol thats what i was thinking he meant.... But it seemed like that was too ridiculous and must had been something else..... So if youre working up new loads.... It would take a week at that rate..... Lol

:D 

Actually one bullseye per [their] frame rule applies only to 200/300 range.

I don't know why, there must be a reason.

But you can use few [their] frames. Once I was using 6 of them: 3 rifles shooting with scope and with irons. 

This is correct. I could have used more than one stand but put two up at once. The rule is the rule and I broke it. I don't know the reason for it and didn't care.

I've been a member for 3 years and from my experience there are only two bad eggs there. A younger female and an older gentleman. But 160 bucks for 360 days of 10 hours shooting can't be beat so ill deal with the occasional rude RO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free