Howard

Permits to burn, what pistol next???

Got a couple of permits to burn, what should I use them on.  I've got a Glock G22 (.40cal), pair of nice 1911's (.45cal), and a Beretta 92FS (9mm); so now what.  Also have a revolver, but I really like semi's better (sorry Bob).

I like competing in IDPA and USPSA, so what might be my best options for that type of usage.

I don't own one but I really want to get a CZ.  I've seen a couple people compete with it and it seems like a nice production gun.  Unlike most semi autos, the slide rides on the inside of the frame which is supposed to provide better slide to frame fit and accuracy.

I was thinking about getting a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Target or the Tanfoglio Stock III which I saw in a magazine today.  The Stock III has an improved trigger.  Both pistols would be great in production class although the Stock III may be harder to get.

You can always go up and get a 2011 chambered in 40 S&W for Limited or Lim10.  These are great pistols.  I currently use my STI Edge in Limited but can always switch to Lim10.  I believe there was a Benny Hill custom for sale in the marketplace. 

Another option is to go with a 2011 open gun.  You can find used ones out there for a semi decent price.

Ask and ye shall receive...15 rounds to boot!

CZ 75 BD. Decocker version, and my favorite handgun, over my 92fs.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=369941441

Go, go, go! You will NOT be disappointed! Shoots like a laser, and ergos are awesome.

Tell me a little more about it.  Is it DA on the first shot like the 92FS?  I love my 92FS but dislike the DA on the first shot for competition.  Would really like something that is SA only or gives me the option of cocked and locked rather than just decocked.

I have the SP-01 tactical in 40 and one in 9mm I am looking to pick up this weekend.

All steel, night sights, decocker and FLDC. My 40 shoots real smooth.

Since october first, with the new weight limit increase for production , you are good to go with the SP-01 in IDPA

The 9 mm will become my IDPA gun .. wow a gun specifically for competition, I musta passed some kind of threshold.

When decocked, its in 1/4 cock so its a smidge less than full DA but yes its DA/SA

I'd have to suggest a wheelgun, and the GP-100 would be a nice choice. I think that my next pistol will be a Ruger revolver, Either a Redhawk .44 5 1/2" or a GP-100 .357 3". I'll likely go for the .44 since I just started casting and reloading for my S&W pre-29.

What division do you want to shoot in either discipline? That will make a big difference in your choices. Awhile back I bought an STI Spartan 9mm, I really didn't shoot it much as it was having issues out of the box. I recently got in touch with STI and they have sent me a new extractor and mag release two different issues. I put both parts in and all issues gone.  I recently shot a steel match with it and it was great, it had very little movement so it was fast to get to follow up shots for steel. I am also going to use it in ESP for IDPA and maybe SS minor.

I have had this pistol for awhile but was never very confident in it, but now it runs great and can be gotten for pretty cheap.

Glock 34 Gen 4, great choice for USPSA Production, IDPA SSP and steel. 

And a Ruger MKIII or 22/45.  Everyone should have a .22 and they're a lot of fun for static steel.

I was thinking about a G34, but just wonder if I might be better off with a heavier all metal gun.  I have a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for my G22 and find I am much more accurate with my 92FS than I am with the Glock.  But, maybe it is not fair to compare with the conversion barrel.

I was thinking about a G34, but just wonder if I might be better off with a heavier all metal gun.  I have a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for my G22 and find I am much more accurate with my 92FS than I am with the Glock.  But, maybe it is not fair to compare with the conversion barrel.

How do you shoot the G22 with the stock .40 barrel?  Glocks take some getting used to before most people can shoot them accurately.  The trigger is very different than the Beretta.  I shoot Glocks much better than my 92FS.

I don't think the polymer frame makes much of a difference in controlling recoil if that's what you were considering.  Glocks have a low bore axis which helps control recoil.

I'm hopefully picking up a G34 Gen 4 next week, you can try it out and see how you like it.

I shoot the G22 (gen4) better with the .40 stock barrel than I do with the 9mm conversion barrel, and shoot the 92FS better than either configuration of the Glock.  Let, me know when you get it - I might like to take you up on that offer.  Where did you find one, I have not seen one around.

I'm getting it from RTSP.  It's a blue label, I'm just waiting on the voucher from GSSF to arrive so I can pick it up.  $530 and it comes with 3 pinned 15 round mags :).  I think I saw a non-blue label in stock when I was in there last week.  If I get it in time I'll bring it to the OBRPC steel match on the 20th.  I'll let you know.

Sorry, don't mean to jack your thread. But it seems we are in a "gun seller's market" , not a buyers market

Yeah, I have permits to burn too. It's been over 30 days since my last pistol purchase. I have the cash, and permit too. However, I can't seem to find the right pistol. No one seems to have one in stock. The pistol would obviously have to be NJ legal. And that is the problem. It's a Ruger SR9 in stainless. Sure, I found the black one. But, it's not what I want. On the internet I found several Ruger SR9 in stainless but they are all 17 rounds. Sux. I saw a FNH FNS (stainles) in 9mm at my local shop, however, it's was just more than I wanted to spend. The Ruger SR 9 is priced just right.

Any one heard of www.cheapascanbe.com. They claim they have the SR9 in stainless, with 10 rounds. I prefer to deal local, but doesn't look like that will happen.