DargZ

Spikes Tactical 14.5" Lightweight 5.56/.223 DynaComp BAR-12 Upper Receiver - 699.95 free shipping

It's back at Aim Surplus.

Spikes Tactical 14.5" Lightweight 5.56/.223 DynaComp BAR-12 Upper Receiver

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTU5050R2D

Spike's Tactical Lightweight .223/5.56x45 caliber Complete Upper Receiver assemblies for AR15/M16 type Rifles. These rifles feature a 14.5" Light Weight barrel with permanently attached DynaComp muzzle break for 16" total length and Spike's 12" BAR 4 Rail Free Float Handguard. Complete Upper receiver assembly.

Why PSA vs. spikes? This one is 14.5 lw barrel free float with a good break already pinned and welded. I was about to order the psa until I saw this. PSA was 16 inch and had to be made compliant. I am confused...so many options

I purchased this upper about a year and a half ago at the same price. I like that it is a 14.5 inch barrel with a comp permanently pinned. This is NJ compliant without any work. Slap it to your NJ compliant lower and you are good to go. The dynacomp brake is not a cheap comp either. It is pretty quiet compared to other brakes out there.

AIM will occasionally carry the Spikes upper without the free float handguard and the A2 gas block. You can save a few bucks but the free float handguard looks much better and is functional if you want to add attachments.

Why PSA vs. spikes? This one is 14.5 lw barrel free float with a good break already pinned and welded. I was about to order the psa until I saw this. PSA was 16 inch and had to be made compliant. I am confused...so many options

the psa I was talking about is 399....399 complete which is 300 less!...it's already gone

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-m4-1-7-5-56-nato-ss12g2-upper-w-bolt-carrier-group-and-charging-handle.html?utm_source=Clearance+Sale!+More+Items+Added&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

Apples to oranges....

Correct.  14.5" Midlength w/ pinned comp (And no further modifications needed to make it NJ Legal) vs 16" carbine length upper which you would need to purchase another brake ($60-100+) and have to get it pinned on...

The PSA offering is their PTAC line and it's lower quality i was told. Is the barrel chrome ?

I'm waiting for their offer again on a chrome 16" mid length with 12" rails for $499. I will buy that one ". Or if someone wants to build me one.... Hint hint

Correct.  14.5" Midlength w/ pinned comp (And no further modifications needed to make it NJ Legal) vs 16" carbine length upper which you would need to purchase another brake ($60-100+) and have to get it pinned on...

huh?  he can put a brake and get it pinned for another 125 all in and still have over $200 left over.

the psa barrel is melonited and heavier in weight and unless you have to have a 14.5 vs a 16, I see no reason why the spike is better.  LW is great for weight conscious people but during prolonged shooting, groups will open up more.  Spikes is 4150 vs PSA 4140 but in reality, no one is doing mag dumps or heating the barrel up enough to realize the marginal benefit.  At over 40% more I'm having difficulty seeing how this is such a great deal

please elaborate and don't use the brake cause it's price point is still a non qualifier

respectfully

The PSA offering is their PTAC line and it's lower quality i was told. Is the barrel chrome ?

I'm waiting for their offer again on a chrome 16" mid length with 12" rails for $499. I will buy that one ". Or if someone wants to build me one.... Hint hint

barrel is melonited which is better than chrome lined

I was looking at this..

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

That is 349

Charging handle: 50

Bcg:125

Dynacomp brake: 90

Compliance work:50ish

Shipping say 20

It's almost a wash..

I was looking at this..

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

That is 349

Charging handle: 50

Bcg:125

Dynacomp brake: 90

Compliance work:50ish

Shipping say 20

It's almost a wash..

Spikes BAR rail is $200+

It's not a wash.