DargZ

Spikes Tactical 14.5" Lightweight 5.56/.223 DynaComp BAR-12 Upper Receiver - 699.95 free shipping

I basically have this setup.  I have the complete spikes upper with lightweight (i dont think mine is considered a pencil) barrel and dynacomp.  My rifle is a dream to shoot, and its really light.  That was my goal with this build, a short, light "go-to" rifle.  I finished my build last spring, i believe I got this upper for $500 at the time, also from PSA...

The lightweight 14.5" barrel is a "pencil" barrel.

Interesting, i could have sworn in the description it said it was light-weight, but specifically said it was not a pencil barrel..  I could def be wrong tho, i shopped around forever for my upper.  I was being so indecisive about what I wanted...

Back in stock:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/spikes-tactical-145-lightweight-556223-dynacomp-bar-12-upper-receiver-69995-fs

I want to jump on this but wasn't expecting them back until Thanksgiving.. gotta try to scrounge up the funds.

Ordered today. It stung a bit on the finances given the time of the year but I thought it was too good to pass up. Ordered a spikes lower as well. I have a spikes enhanced LPK, tube and heavy buffer. Basically an all spikes rifle other than the stock.

Nice! I am digging mine that I got from AIM the last time they were available. They ship fast. I had it in like 3 days.

Cool. Let me know how you like it. I think I. Going that direction for my build. Unfortunately I can't swing the funds for another month or so. Hopefully they're still available, or back again.

I was really torn between waiting for the 14.5" lightweight upper to become available again or going for the one below which was available a couple of weeks ago.  I ultimately ordered the 16" upper and it is now sitting at my FFL's waiting for me to decide on a brake to make it NJ compliant.  Still debating whether to go with a battlecomp or dynacomp. 

u are here: Home > Search > Spikes Tactical 16" ENHANCED CHF 5.56/.223 URG

XSTU5435X.jpg
Spikes Tactical 16" ENHANCED CHF 5.56/.223 URG

FREE Shipping on this item in the 48 States! 

The Spike's Tactical ST-15 Enhanced upper line-up is designed as a fully Mil-spec compliant upper series. This level of quality and performance is now available to everyone, all at a price range that is affordable to shooters of any budget. Each component is manufactured to Mil-spec standards and backed by the Spike's Tactical Lifetime Warranty. 

These CHF barrels are turned to Spike's NewOptimum barrel Profile. This profile is lighter than government profile but beefier than a lightweight profile. 

More info below.

I was really torn between waiting for the 14.5" lightweight upper to become available again or going for the one below which was available a couple of weeks ago.  I ultimately ordered the 16" upper and it is now sitting at my FFL's waiting for me to decide on a brake to make it NJ compliant.  Still debating whether to go with a battlecomp or dynacomp. 

Thats the beauty of the 14.5" though, it already has a dynacomp pinned and welded on....

Thats the beauty of the 14.5" though, it already has a dynacomp pinned and welded on....

You are absolutely right, plus the the 14.5" is a true lw pencil barrel while the 16" is an "optimum profile" so you do save a few ounces there in addition to the 1.5" in barrel length.  One factor that made up my mind is that I probably would have switched out the BAR rail.  While everything I read says that it is a great rail it is really too large for someone with small hands.  

Wow, aim surplus knows how to do shipping and handling.  First it was free UPS and second I'll have it basically next day.  I ordered on Friday and according to the UPS web tracking it scheduled for delivery on Monday at my house.