iRescue

Any sharpening services in central NJ?

Looking for someone to professionally sharpen my blades (a bunch of folders and a couple fixed blades) in central new jersey?

I don't have great experience with sharpening my blades and I screwed up a cheapo blade. I don't want to risk it on my more expensive blades.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Cheapo blades are hard to sharpen (they are cheap because their metallurgy is awful and hard to sharpen), so don't let your prior experience dissuade you from learning to sharpen.  Not saying don't get your stuff professionally done, but at the same time keep developing your sharpening skills on some other blades you have.  Eventually you will get good.

I'm no pro but I'd may be willing to help you out with my wicked edge. Let me know what your looking for & what knives you'd be wanting sharpened. Most knife sharpening services are going to use a belt grinder & will only get it so sharp.

I'm still alive and sharpening in Hillsborough NJ.

ZB Sharpening

We just schedule and meet, I take your knives, depending on how busy life is, usually I need them for 2 days as there is always a queue, then we met again and finish business.

Hate to pat myself on the back, but I do great work. No butcher jobs here. Usually have to fix other's work, and sharper than new.

Had to make a new account as forgot old signup.

Trying to get back into shooting, picked up some new tools, and found this place again! Looking forward to learning about some things I never shot before.

Best of everything folks!
And thank you for the mention checko!

4 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

Get a work sharp.  I am very proficient using a stone.( I shave with a straight razor) but I use the work sharp on all my hunting knives and kitchen knives.  Once you get a good edge all u need is one or 2 swipes

I agree!  I have the Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition and it keeps all of my knives razor sharp and it's easy to use and very fast!

• Like 1

On 10/23/2013 at 7:41 PM, buell508 said:

+1

he sharpens anything saw blades exc.

If you are ok with an electric grinder! THAT is not a way to sharpen knives. He rounded off a tanto blade on my buddy's knife completely ruined it.

I use a TS Prof k03, to sharpen knives.

Easter Ham.jpg

I know this is an old thread but to pat my own back a little, I'm pretty damned good at it.

A side hobby of mine is collecting and refurbishing vintage Sabatier style chefs knives. You can shave with my knives.

Because of their age, and often rarity, you need to get them as sharp as possible while removing as little material as possible - in other words NEVER use power sharpeners of any kind

I'm a firm believer in the Scary Sharp System and a roller guide (google it) and a good large leather strop - one side loaded with rottenstone the other clean

If you ever check back to this thread, you're welcome to come over and try my setup out - I'm also in central NJ (Manalapan)

• Like 1

I use and sell the TSProf systems. it is a rotational arm that assures the same set angle stays in place on both sides of the knife. stone grits from 400 to 12000 and diamond pastes at 50k 100k and 200k this is the mirror finished that is achieved.

Needless to say this is certainly not necessary for say, kitchen knives, but you can wow anybody when they see their reflection on the reveal edge of the blade!

IMG_4992.jpeg

Benchmade.JPG

Sharp Swift.jpg

• Informative 1