MidwestPX

Any interest in a true 15rd PMAG?

I'm kicking around the idea of cutting down MOE PMAGs so the bodies only take 15 rounds.  The baseplates would still be attached with roll pins but you can drift those out and take the mag apart should you desire to.  These wouldn't be welded shut the way 15/20 and 15/30 mags are.  Cost would be in the $23-$25 range.

That's how PK90 was building them in an earlier iteration

Except on his, you could slide the baseplate off for cleaning without needing to drive out a rollpin

No tools necessary is a big plus

And shorter than "illegal-looking" is a non-attention getter here behind enemy lines

Except on his, you could slide the baseplate off for cleaning without needing to drive out a rollpin

And shorter than "illegal-looking" is a non-attention getter here behind enemy lines

The change in construction of pmags won't permit that anymore.

I'd be up for a couple.

The M revision (now known as Gen 2 or MOE) featured a slimmer ribbing than the original PMAG which allowed that

I'm not too keen on loading against a closed bolt.  Reason is the difference of a few thousandths of an inch plus some normal wear and tear on a mag results in a 16th round being able to be loaded.  If loading against a closed bolt is that important, do what we free staters do and download your mags.  I've never been in a carbine class where people load all 30 rounds after the first day.  They might show up with 30 on TD1 but by the second day or even after the first break to reload, they're loading 28 or 29.

I'm not too keen on loading against a closed bolt. Reason is the difference of a few thousandths of an inch plus some normal wear and tear on a mag results in a 16th round being able to be loaded. If loading against a closed bolt is that important, do what we free staters do and download your mags. I've never been in a carbine class where people load all 30 rounds after the first day. They might show up with 30 on TD1 but by the second day or even after the first break to reload, they're loading 28 or 29.

I won't be buying some of those then. Thank you

I'm not too keen on loading against a closed bolt.  Reason is the difference of a few thousandths of an inch plus some normal wear and tear on a mag results in a 16th round being able to be loaded.  If loading against a closed bolt is that important, do what we free staters do and download your mags.  I've never been in a carbine class where people load all 30 rounds after the first day.  They might show up with 30 on TD1 but by the second day or even after the first break to reload, they're loading 28 or 29.

I understand that completely, and thats exactly what I do, all mine are downloaded to 14.  Like I said it was only a minor complaint and I will still continue to buy your mags whether I can load 15 on a closed bolt or not.  The only time or reason I load on a closed bolt is because I keep my rifle in condition 3 at home.

I understand that completely, and thats exactly what I do, all mine are downloaded to 14.  Like I said it was only a minor complaint and I will still continue to buy your mags whether I can load 15 on a closed bolt or not.  The only time or reason I load on a closed bolt is because I keep my rifle in condition 3 at home.

I'm the same way and I keep my mags at 28.  The original PMAG can actually take 31 which is what it takes to reliably load against a closed bolt but even then, most shooters fight mags that are loaded to 30.