ogfarmer

Battlefield 4 FULL anyone playing?

I played it a few times on Xbox... It isn't bad.  It is a beta so it is a bit glitchy.  Watch for snipers on VERY HIGH roofs.  But it plays like most the BF titles and I am looking forward to full release!

Edit:

Also playing Diablo 3 right now and preordered Ghosts (even tho it is the same game oer and over I know everyone is getting it so I may as well)

Yeah i had early access. Not bad.I had to get back in the groove of the game play tho.. The graphics are low for the beta so it doesn't even look as good as bf3, but basically every single wall in the game can be blown down, and buildings too. should look a lot better when it releases.

I play on PC, with all the graphics on ultra, and it looks pretty decent for me. It is a little buggy, but very fun. The maps are huge now (vertically and horizontally). It has more of the squad based feel, because the fights can be very isolated (not just both teams running at each other). It feels like a big achievement when your squad takes down a tank or a few LAVs.

Have it on PC.  I was getting framerate and performance issues, but they just released a patch the other day that seems to have solved that.  Apparently it makes it run better on 6 and 8 core processors.  Hopefully AMD releases a patch when the final build is released that will help my card run it even better.  I'm running it on high, but think I may have to try to take it to ultra, and see if that patch helps.  I was spoiled being able to play BF3 on ultra.  If anyone wants to play with me, my screen name is Mr_EB_Slugworth.

Have it on PC.  I was getting framerate and performance issues, but they just released a patch the other day that seems to have solved that.  Apparently it makes it run better on 6 and 8 core processors.  Hopefully AMD releases a patch when the final build is released that will help my card run it even better.  I'm running it on high, but think I may have to try to take it to ultra, and see if that patch helps.  I was spoiled being able to play BF3 on ultra.  If anyone wants to play with me, my screen name is Mr_EB_Slugworth.

There are frame rate issues. I was running on Ultra, and it had performance issues, so I switched to High, and absolutely nothing changed. It's just the fact that it's in beta. They have some optimizing (and general polishing) to do. It is playable though, and pretty darn fun.

There are frame rate issues. I was running on Ultra, and it had performance issues, so I switched to High, and absolutely nothing changed. It's just the fact that it's in beta. They have some optimizing (and general polishing) to do. It is playable though, and pretty darn fun.

Yea.  They just released a new patch today.  I played a game during my lunch break, and was able to play it on ultra with no performance issues after the patch.

What card are you running? I want to pick up one of the new AMD cards that just came out.. my hd6970 isnt cutting it anymore.

well looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade some stuff in my rig, Beta runs like crap on mine right now. I think I'm gonna have to add some ram and new vid card. my HD 4800 blows hard for BF4 but runs fine for everything else, I cannot upgrade my drivers to 13.4  from 13.1 either since they are maxed in capabilty

The game is enhanced for AMD cards so I need to figure out whats a good one these days for it. I have been so out of the loop on PC stuff past few years. I used to build all my rigs but not for a few years now

hd7970 ghz addition would probably be the lowest card running everything on ultra and getting decent frames.

I honestly can't stand the game. I played it 3 times on the 360, and unless we're gonna have support for huge servers then games are going to drag forever. I also don't like how when B flag tower falls, the map becomes impossibly obscured. 

I understand its a Beta, and I should refrain from judging until the final version is released, but right now I can't stand the game.

It must just be me then, because nothing clears up after the tower falls. In some cases it even gets worse. Render distance just goes to crap. BF3 didn't do that to me during the beta, it just stayed to one small piece of Operation Metro. 

The game just doesn't feel right. Especially with RPG's being able to track targets now. When did that happen? That hasn't been a thing since BF:BC. 

I'm not down with the RPG thing either especially when it takes 3 or more stingers to down a bird. I do t know if the obscurity when the b building falls is because its beta or that's how its going to be. I know on 9/11 it took a long time for that air to clear up so maybe that's legit. I have mastered the knifing but then again that seems to be the only way I'm getting kills.

Play the small version of the map on PC. The 32 player map is smaller and more CQC. Much more fun..

When the b building falls there should be rubble at the new b flag by the peninsula, and it should be open up by where the building used to stand. This map really takes in the urban combat situation... The elevators were a nice touch. When the building goes down, you can jump off the roof and land on the building directly behind it.

I'm not down with the RPG thing either especially when it takes 3 or more stingers to down a bird. I do t know if the obscurity when the b building falls is because its beta or that's how its going to be. I know on 9/11 it took a long time for that air to clear up so maybe that's legit. I have mastered the knifing but then again that seems to be the only way I'm getting kills.

This is because of the vehicle health regeneration. which IMO was a nice feature you had to UNLOCK in bf3 and took up a special. By the time you are able to lock on and shoot one down it already begun regenerating health. slightly defeats the purpose of the engineer class.

That's why I play hardcore no map. Look up my platoon at WWW.xxxplatoon.com

Whats your gamertag.  Will be looking for new people to play with... We used to do Clan Battles WAY back in the day on PS2 with Socom and Socom 2!  Back before the respawn and COD days!  5 minute maps, 1 life, you die your out.  Best of 3 maps LOVED IT!!! lol anyway ill add you tomorrow when I get on!