Shawnmoore81

Finally getting a commi rifle

Don't give up on an SKS, just get one with a fixed mag and you are all set.

I was in the same boat. Had 5 ARs and wanted a commie/7.62x39 rifle. Got a nice Chinese SKS with fixed mag from a member here (thanks Wojo) at a great price. It is a fun rifle to shoot, I am glad I got it.

I still am wanting an AK pattern rifle. Just looking for the right one now as I don't know much about them at all. I know I need to figure out if I want a 7.62x39, a 5.45x39, or one chambered in 5.56x45.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

I still am wanting an AK pattern rifle. Just looking for the right one now as I don't know much about them at all. I know I need to figure out if I want a 7.62x39, a 5.45x39, or one chambered in 5.56x45.

I love my AK pattern rifle. You are more than welcome to shoot mine. Lots of fun to shoot. 7.62x39 ammo is nice a cheap. It is a SAR-1

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm hoping the SKS fills the 7.62x39 "need" and perhaps an AK-74 in 5.45 is next. I just saw that AIM has cases in stock and I'm thinking about putting the cart before the horse on this one. 17¢ a round is very appealing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

well can't argue with that I guess. Its funny how everytime someone call them a Norinco over a sksboards they get reemed out.

Not ALL SKS rifles are made by Norinco. Most are made by the Chinese govt. and they are (for the most part)

military rifles. There are some that are actually made by Norinco (and others likempoly Tech)  and those are

(I believe) mainly civilian models.

Norinco works closely with the Chinese govt. on exporting surplus rifles, and that is why you will see SKS rifles

made by Norinco and some that have Norinco listed as the exporter.

The guys over at the SKS boards view the military rifles in much higher regard than the civilian, so saying  an SKS

is a Norinco is not a compliment.......... lol

Shawn - I'm not an expert (hell hardly anyone is) but i think that is a very early Factory 216 stamp,

but I have never seen  one like that before - usually they look like this:  /2|6\

It was imported through Norinco, not made by them.

Have your checked the Yooper John site for more info.?

By pieces I mean the trigger assembly was snapped in and it didn't have the fixed mag. I got that a few days later. I have the original stock too. But I figure beat up the fiberglass one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Norinco is, was, and always will be controlled by the Chinese military (PLA). That some firearms were made on the same tooling for export in the same factory that the original type 56 were made in, after that production for the PLA had ceased, means those guns as sold were funding the PLA, and lining various warlords generals pockets personally.

That said, you should put that thing back in a wood stock and get a bayo and cleaning rod for it. It will lok nicer and you will be happier.