Bully

Gonna Shoot Tenafly 10/13, Static Steel...

Anyone else want to come along? I'll be the guy with the 625 and the inability to use it well.

Christopher

Hi Steel Shooters,

This Sunday Night at TRPC is Static Steel.

Shooters Choice: Pistol, Revolver or Pistol Caliber Carbine. Center fire or Rim fire..

Bring 100+ rounds of ammo. No major loads, especially no factory hardball 230gr 45acp. (Any caliber making USPSA major power factor will not be allowed at all.)

5 Magazines needed, 3 mags minimum to participate.

Holster and Mag pouches recommend, but not mandatory.

Your RO is Al Medioli

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Arrive at 5:30 PM

Start 6:00 PM

$10. to shoot

lz

Sorry, just a couple more questions (I'm in no matter what, but just want to know what to expect)

I've not shot any kind of match before, so this will be my first.

What are the targets like? 6" round plates? Torso size rectangle? Something else?

Also, "at least 10yds" meaning up to 15 or 20yds or are we shooting out to 25yds+?

And is it 5 shot strings x5?

I'll try to pick up a couple more speed loaders if I can find them local.

2 speed loaders should be fine. I'll help you reload them if you need between strings.

Plates are a mix of torso sized and 6-8" round. They are set at 10ish yards, give or take a foot or two. Strings are generally 5 plates. 2-3 strings.

Atmosphere is VERY casual. It's a great way, as a beginner, to give it a go without too much pressure. Great way to start getting used to shooting against the clock.

Check Ramsey or Bullethole for speedloaders.

C

Anyone else want to come along? I'll be the guy with the 625 and the inability to use it well.

Christopher

Hi Steel Shooters,

This Sunday Night at TRPC is Static Steel.

Shooters Choice: Pistol, Revolver or Pistol Caliber Carbine. Center fire or Rim fire..

Bring 100+ rounds of ammo. No major loads, especially no factory hardball 230gr 45acp. (Any caliber making USPSA major power factor will not be allowed at all.)

5 Magazines needed, 3 mags minimum to participate.

Holster and Mag pouches recommend, but not mandatory.

Your RO is Al Medioli

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Arrive at 5:30 PM

Start 6:00 PM

$10. to shoot

lz

Do not wear a GFH shirt or mention me there. Dennis Morocco feels I am counter productive to the 2A cause in NJ. Tells all GFH students (but not me).

Ant

Do not wear a GFH shirt or mention me there. Dennis Morocco feels I am counter productive to the 2A cause in NJ. Tells all GFH students (but not me).

Ant

In that case wouldn't the antagonist platform want a GFH shirt on?:-)

I wish I saw this thread earlier, I would have come by. Good luck to you.

Good time

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Anthony.  Very nice to meet and shake your hand. 

Last nite was a ball!!  Shot 2 stages, 5 strings.  All very organized.  I'm guessing about 20 folks, total were there.  Afterwards about 70% of the people left and they did a "Smoke and Hope" stage.  I personally wasn't any faster but it really was fun.  Got to meet millsan1 and handle one of the coolest model 25's I've ever seen.  I'm looking to up the amount of competitive shooting I do and this was my re-introduction to it.  I've done a touch of it but really want to make the effort to get out there and run against the clock.  It's fun and really challenging especially given that I'm running a revolver.  Power factors be damned!!!  I'm out to get some grins.

C

Tenafly is an awesome place to shoot.  Probably the most down to earth and relaxing environment to shoot in from my experience.

I just shot the ProAm match last Sunday and had a blast.  

How often does Tenafly host these type of shoots? I'd like to give it a try. Sounds like a lot of fun. 

Almost every Sunday evening.   They sometimes deviate from the schedule in the link, but after you attend one match and get on the mailing list you'll be notified of any changes.

http://trpclub.org/action.html