Bugsy732

Started my 5.56 Umbrella Build... just waiting on a few parts to complete her... Meet "Krystal"

So while i'm waiting for a few parts to get here this week i started putting together the first of two Umbrella Corporation AR's.

Meet the beginnings of "Krystal" my 5.56 Umbrella Corporation AR15

152879308.jpg

152879309.jpg

152879311.jpg

152879313.jpg

Parts list:

• Umbrella Corporation Forged HUUCR Lower
  • Spikes Tactical Enhanced LPK
  • Spikes T2 Buffer
  • Spikes Carbine Milspec Buffer tube
  • Umbrella Corporation Grip 23
  • Umbrella Corporation Forged HUUCR Upper
  • Spikes Tactical Light weight Nickel Boron BCG (waiting on delivery)
  • Magpul Fixed Stock
  • Spikes charging Handle (waiting on delivery)
  • Extended Charging latch
  • Spikes 14.5" Mid-Length Barrel (Waiting on delivery)
  • Spikes Low profile Gas Block
  • Spikes Black Gas tube
  • Spikes Dynacomp Extreme
  • Spikes upper parts Kit (not yet installed)
  • Seekins 9" BAR Rail
  • Magpul BAD (Stripped while installing. waiting on a new one)

Still looking in to optics and sight options.

The rest of the parts should be here by the weekend. I'm hoping to get her finished for the weekend so i can go sight her in on saturday or sunday.

More pics as i finish her.

Looks nice so far. What are you thinking for BUIS? Magpul low profile?

I am most likely going with some sort of 45* offset. I don't like how most 45* BUSs stick up so i may experiment with a pair of 45* rails and toss some MBUS or wait till the new MBUS come to market (if they havent already)

Looks good so far, I like it.  How do you like their uppers and lowers?  Was thinking about grabbing a set for a future build.  

Well this is a HUUCR set so I expected there to be a blem or some fitment issues. The only blem i can see on this is that there is a slight error in the milling of one of the logos (not completely centered) They feel pretty solid. Nicer than some of the other's i've had my hands on. They feel a little lighter if that makes any sense. They fit very nicely together, there is no wiggle in the receiver and the parts kit fit in nicely. No problems with any parts install.

would i recommend them? Yes.. if you can get a set from Umbrella itself. Don't fall victim to these guys on GB selling receiver sets for over $400-500. I mean they are nice and have that POP culture Zombie culture appeal to them but they are not worth the exaggerated price that some charge for them. I got them because it's not something you see every weekend at the range and paid less than $400 per set.

I have  one more HUUCR set I'm using for a 300blk build and have a Billet lower and Standard upper on order for another build i plan on doing down the road.

If you can get your hands on a set cheap go for it!

side note: i REALLY like the feel of the Umbrella grips. The angle of the grip allows me to keep my elbow in and not feel like i have strain on my wrist. I'll be ordering a few more for the other builds.