ogfarmer

Ruger LC9 anyone got one?

I have one, it has the Galloway trigger bar in it tho- stock, the LC9 has a VERY LONG trigger pull. Too long imo.  By the time the trigger breaks, you're about 1mm away from the frame of the gun.  It's ridiculous. Ruger and their stupid attorney-designed gun features....

Anyway, I am a member at EFGA, but haven't gone yet- you're welcome to shoot mine, if we could work out a day to meet. But remember, I have an upgraded trigger bar, my gun is easier to shoot than a stock LC9.  The trigger bar is only $35, it's a drop-in replacement, no gunsmithing skills required.

BTW, great little gun.  With the stock trigger, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And I'm a good shot. With the upgraded trigger, I can hit center mass from 20 feet most of the time, obviously with accuracy increasing as distance decreases.  My point being, the trigger bar made a WORLD of difference for me. Like 2 different guns.

That being said, if I had it to do over, I'd buy the Sig P238 (absolutely love that gun; feels like it was made for me and I shoot it perfectly), or Sig P938.  With the P238, I hit the entire magazine within 8" at about 15 feet.  Surprised me.

Rented one at Target World in Chalfont,PA when they first came out.

Long trigger pull completely ruined any expectation of accuracy i had. Hated it ever after and since i don't modify any of my guns didnt want to look into options.

I did buy the Sig P238 in 389ACP instead and its so accurate that i m always surprised what a great gun it is. You can try mine anytine you want.

My purpose was to get a pocket carry.

Also tried the Sig938 in 9mm but i didn't do better groups and ddi poorly with it compared to the p238

I'm trying to stick to 9mm since that's the ammo I use in all my pistols, I don't want to start buying a another caliber. Thanks tho

That was my concern as well. After shooting the P238, I might just change my mind however. lol

With an improved trigger, the LC9 is a very good little gun. 

I have had one for about a year. Short is I love it and plan to use it as a ccw. The long is I had my original slide replaced buy ruger because of a recall. There was some issue with a firing pin thing on early model. The trigger is long and double action but after a few hundred rounds has smoothed out. If you want a race gun this aint it. It has a purpose and for that its perfect. I like the trigger because I wont ever shoot this gun more then 5-10ish yards. Its a ccw gun buy design and shooting at a bad guy any further will get you into trouble.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

My main purpose of this is CCW since I am so fat wearing a belt is nearly impossible. My EMP 9mm is too heavy and my other smaller frame polys are to uncomfortable to carry given my girth. I just saw that Heritage guild has them I'm their rental inventory .

my next is the new updated lcp 380. Not to get into a round debate but at 5 feet I would not want to be shot with a full magazine of 380. That is a true ccw pocket gun.

+1.

After being a 9mm guy for years, if I didn't mind adding a caliber to what I already have trouble finding at a decent price, .380 would be the one for CCW.

The LC9 grip is a little thin for me, so I put a Pachmayr grip sleeve on it and it fits my hand much better now.  

My trigger reduces trigger pull distance by about 35%; Gallloway will also be releasing a 50% reduction trigger bar, which I will also buy and try...  altho the 35% makes a WORLD of difference already over the crappy stock trigger.

I have been noticing that they changed the trigger on the lc380 and lcp in newer models its all over the web but ruger has not come out and said it. I would go to a store and try a new one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btzaVNLSm_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XycvZKmcTs

I have been noticing that they changed the trigger on the lc380 and lcp in newer models its all over the web but ruger has not come out and said it. I would go to a store and try a new one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btzaVNLSm_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XycvZKmcTs

They did. And they haven't admitted it.  The original pull on the LCP was WORSE than the LC9.