JaredC

SPORTSMANS GUIDE.... F- Customer Service....

Long story short....

I placed a order with sportsmans guide over a year ago for the 2500 rounds of cci minimag for the 153.XX price.  I was told then ok good to go.... Then the national backorders hit....  I Responded to them confirming i wanted to keep waiting for my order via emails and phone.  I had done this at least 3-4 times over the period of months.....    I call them up tonight because i havent gotten an email in the past months.  Talk to a manager in customer service and they say they canceled my order due to not hearing back from me via postal mail.  She told me absolutely nothing she can do, only thing is to notify me when cci becomes available again.  They are horrible at customer sevice, not even a 10 doller off certificate or anythinggggg to keep me as a customer....   RANT OVER    Will never buy another single thing from them EVER....

I would suggest looking over their Terms of Service agreement and see if there is anything that explicitly spells out a need to write via postal mail for continuing a backorder.

or better yet, call back and politely ask where it states that in their terms and conditions. If they cannot accurately detail where or if any such clause exists.. ask them if they usually make up new rules when a price increase does not go in their favor?

Where is their god now?

"A response to keep/cancel the item in question is recommended.
Do note that our backorder dates are tentative and subject to change due to vendor shipments. Shipments may arrive sooner than the proposed date on the notice. Therefore, if a response is not received to specifically cancel the item, this will be charged and shipped out to you assuming you still wish to receive the item."

You answered them telling that you wanted the backordered item... by their own FAQ admission, you will charged and shipped for the item when it becomes available. Not that after multiple requests you are required to request continued backorder via postal mail.

mP2fxxU.jpg

called back twice spoke to two different customer service people and a manager last and they simply do not care....  the best she can do is notify me when it becomes available.... said its my fault for not notifing them i still want it even tho i never got the postal mail letter...   i go of course i wanted it due to the 4 times i confirmed to keep me on the wait list with 4-6 month intervals inbetween...

They lost a customer for life..... 

I have had a completely different experience.  I was looking for a spotting scope, and found the same scope on Amazon and Sportsman’s Guide. I bought from Amazon, as they had free shipping (I am a Prime member), which worked out to be more than the discount I got as a SG member. About a week after I received the scope, SG sent me an email asking about my order and asking for suggestions to improve. I told them why I purchased from Amazon instead of directly from them, and told them if they are going to sell through Amazon they need to provide some place to enter your buyer’s club number. They immediately (and I mean in about an hour) issued a credit through Amazon for the difference. Still no place to enter your number on Amazon, but they took care of me. I would call that pretty good customer service.

So would ya'll recommend their Buyer's Club? Was thinking of getting it as birthday gift to myself...

I was a member for something like 5 years.  You really save money and if you spend $1,000 on ammo per year, it pays for itself. 

I have no issues with SG on ammo or ammo prices.  I would still recommend them for ammo and national brand merchandise. 

My issues are with the quality of their "Guide Gear" product line, their policies regarding shipping firearm components to NJ, and their customer service. 

So would ya'll recommend their Buyer's Club? Was thinking of getting it as birthday gift to myself...

I had a membership for one year. When it expired, it didn't renew it because I don't like to support businesses that won't support us here in NJ . To not sell me a little piece of metal, designed to adjust the front site post on an AR, because they won't sell anything AR related to NJ was reason enough for me to shop elsewhere.

My issues are with the quality of their "Guide Gear" product line

I agree with this ^. The quality of Guide Gear leaves something to be desired, and as most of the posters on this forum seem to appreciate quality in their firearm components and knives, I would recommend you stay away from it. For brands that you know, SG pricing can be pretty good.

If you are going to join the buyers’ club, here’s a hint: Put what you want in your basket, and when the first screen pops up to ask you to join say no. They will sweeten the pot and ask again.

I had a membership for one year. When it expired, it didn't renew it because I don't like to support businesses that won't support us here in NJ . To not sell me a little piece of metal, designed to adjust the front site post on an AR, because they won't sell anything AR related to NJ was reason enough for me to shop elsewhere.

I just did the membership thing...they had a real good deal on 7.62x54r ammo...then I found out they won't send black power bullets to NJ - forget THAT

F Rating from me....   i will never buy another thing from them ever...   horrible customer service.... most of their products are poor quality...   will not send ammo to nj....   the list goes on and on...

F Rating from me....   i will never buy another thing from them ever...   horrible customer service.... most of their products are poor quality...   will not send ammo to nj....   the list goes on and on...

what kind of ammo wouldn't they send?... I've gotten 5.56 and .45 FMJ from them (albeit a few months ago) with no problem...but yes their Guide gear stuff is crap...

I ordered and received 223 from them this week

F Rating from me.... i will never buy another thing from them ever... horrible customer service.... most of their products are poor quality... will not send ammo to nj.... the list goes on and on...

I ordered the 6lbs of hot and spicy beef stick pieces and ends and they were quite hot, really greasy and the 2lb carnivores mix of meats and cheeses which all tasted the same and overpriced for the amount you get, so when I got the email to post my review, I wrote how I was unsatisfied with them and posted it. I got a email few days later with apologies for not liking the product and included some gift card codes, I guess they kind made good on my dissatisfaction,

The hot and spicy stuff is just like slim jims but alot greaser and fattier. I like spicy stuff but these were overkill, I think if I reorder them I'll get the spicy instead. But I dont think I will cause they are loaded with nitrates

I've gotten ammo from them numerous times too.  Also had an order duplicated - they sent me the order twice (was for a Kimber 1911 mag I got with a discount card),  I called, they said to keep it, it was their error and wasn't worth the cost to send it back.

I've gotten ammo from them numerous times too.  Also had an order duplicated - they sent me the order twice (was for a Kimber 1911 mag I got with a discount card),  I called, they said to keep it, it was their error and wasn't worth the cost to send it back.

I joined the buyers club back in February. Then I spent about a month trying to get them to stop sending me solicitations for products on their other two sites "Truck Monkey" and "Work Wear Savings".  Talk about bait and switch! 

In good faith, I went through their "alert me" process clicking off the different products and ammo I wanted when it came back in stock.  A few months later, I was talking to a CS rep that was actually helpful (yea, its not a lie) and she told me they didn't even look at that list anymore.  It became completely unmanageable due to their lack of access to ammo and popular products. The only way you can get on a "real" list is via backorder.  Even that system is flawed because they constantly send out notes claiming we need to reconfirm or our order gets cancelled.  That's their way of getting out of an order when the price goes up and they cannot make their margin

Bottom line, I only buy an item if the price is VERY attractive and its in stock.  I will not renew my buyers club card but will keep an eye on SG in case they run a special (like the S&B 9MM on sale recently). 

Hope that helps............Tom

Long story short....

I placed a order with sportsmans guide over a year ago for the 2500 rounds of cci minimag for the 153.XX price.  I was told then ok good to go.... 

Welcome to the club. I also ordered 5000 rounds of CCI for a very good price in November, 2012. Shipping date was pushed back to January 2013, then April, then July, then October. All the while they asked me for confirmation that I still wanted the ammo. I emailed back every time.

To make a long story short, I checked in about 2 weeks ago and my cart was empty. 

Have always had excellant CS with them. Right now have 1000 rds of Win .22LR pending that has been on BO for a year. Never had to do anything but respond to the occasional emails telling them Yes I still want it. Have also been a member for several years and saved a lot of $ on ammo. They always ship directly to me in NJ, no problem. ChuckM

I left them some time ago after many years as a good customer. They wouldn't send an AR front sight adjustment tool to me because I live in NJ. And then a few more other stupid actions and they lost me. They used to be my primary mail order...(yes before Al Gore invented the internet) source for discount stuff. I haven't spent a dollar with them for at least 5 years now.

At least they are honest when they say this could be your last catalog.  They usually only send a few more saying this, and then they actually give up.  I don't know the last time I got a catalog from them.

I'll probably get a catalog from them in the mail tomorrow after saying that...

Now, if only CTD would quit...because I'm not buying anything from them again...

Catalogs....damn SG and CTD keep sending them even though I haven't ordered from either in years. Its like contacting Front Sight and needing a restraining order to get Ignatius Piazza to stop harassing you.

Welcome to the club. I also ordered 5000 rounds of CCI for a very good price in November, 2012. Shipping date was pushed back to January 2013, then April, then July, then October. All the while they asked me for confirmation that I still wanted the ammo. I emailed back every time.

To make a long story short, I checked in about 2 weeks ago and my cart was empty. 

literalllly same crap happened to me... i confirmed all times.... empty cart and i called with speaking to a supervisor in customer service they said they cant even put me back on the wait list because there is no wait list anymore lol

literalllly same crap happened to me... i confirmed all times.... empty cart and i called with speaking to a supervisor in customer service they said they cant even put me back on the wait list because there is no wait list anymore lol

F-ing bastards. Are they, like, NEVER going to have .22lr again? Why not just leave everybody in the queue? 

I've even unsubscribed from their daily announcements. "FREE SHIPPING ONLY TODAY" ... You can get all the French Army socks you want shipped free. Yipp..