Sign in to follow this  
Cold Steel

Star Ledger pushing hopes of Smart Gun

The Democrats private newspaper is really pushing this one hard. Second time in two days they have an article about the Utopian smart gun. They are already trying to brainwash the public on how great this will be. 

http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2013/10/start_the_clock_on_smart_guns.html#incart_river_default

NJIT tried this, and the results were basically a car battery underneath the weapon.

If the private sector attempted this, they would get it done, but they won't because of liability.

NJIT tried this, and the results were basically a car battery underneath the weapon.

If the private sector attempted this, they would get it done, but they won't because of liability.

Most won't. The problem is, it only takes one. Once that happens, NJ can declare that they exist, and the law kicks in. Really, Bloomberg's group could just buy a small struggling manufacturer, or start their own, for the sole purpose of making a commercially available "smart gun". They wouldn't need to care about profit, success, or even long term liability. The "company" wouldn't be intended to succeed or survive, only to be around long enough to "start" the clock on the smart gun law.

I like how the article mentions it works 90% reliably. So 1 out of 10 times it doesn't work. Imagine if your car or cell phone only worked 9 out of 10 times?

I would probably be OK if my car or cellphone only worked 90% of the time. My gun? Well, that would make it worthless for its intended purpose.