Norseman

Voting

It's why states like PA are pursing "electoral vote" acquisition by "voting district" vs. "winner take all."  To nullify the power of large urban cities.

Yup business as usual. Carry the biggest cities and carry the state

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/10/new_jersey_senate_election_county-by-county_map_of_results.html

It's why states like PA are pursing "electoral vote" acquisition by "voting district" vs. "winner take all." To nullify the power of large urban cities.

Actually that increases the power of big cities in elections. Think Texas, the Dallas Fort Worth area votes blue, if you go to voting district math then you lose a lot of Texas electoral votes. In PA it means that it doesn't matter what most of PA wants, Philly will always send some electoral votes to blue, etc.

Actually that increases the power of big cities in elections. Think Texas, the Dallas Fort Worth area votes blue, if you go to voting district math then you lose a lot of Texas electoral votes. In PA it means that it doesn't matter what most of PA wants, Philly will always send some electoral votes to blue, etc.

I guess it depends on the distribution of voters. If the voters of one party in the suburbs, overall, outnumber the voters in the cities, then the electoral method would work. I agree the population margins have to be just right. The suburb district has to have enough populace to get a large number of electoral votes. I can see where it might not work so well in Texas. Lot's of open space with very few populations. Probably all the electoral votes would go to the cities.  But in a densely populated state like NJ or PA.... where the margins are also very close...just maybe.... 

You gotta be kidding. There was no mention of Lonegan ahead by 5%. Thanks for wasting my time.

DEPRESSING:  Just went out and took my Lonegan lawn signs down.  If another 15% of NJ gun owners had voted it would have been different.

I did not see a single Booker sign...anywhere. 

If I did, I probably would have taken it to the range to use as a target :lol:

Unfortunately, most 2A enthusiasts do not live in urban areas. The votes from Newark negated the votes of all of Morris County, with plenty of margin.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Actually there are a lot of firearms enthusiasts in urban areas. The issue is that they are mainly restricted persons.

Ahead by 5% of all the "nj.com" voters.... not necessarily all of NJ...

I hate to be a ball-buster. Actually I love to be a ball buster.

This was not a legit poll. Maybe of people in Cape may. Or some other (temporarily) Red county. But by no means representative of the state. Jesus Christ Himself could not produce a 15-point swing in a matter of hours. Even if Booker were found fornicating with a dog he'd still be elected. 

Wait until the illegals become legal. Every goddamned conservative NJ state legislator will disappear. 

You can thank both parties for that.

So who do we think we should vote for that will be more favorable to our 2A right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How can you be so ill-informed? What branch of MoveOn do you belong to, and how long have you been a shill/confederate/plant? What do they pay you to troll gun forums? Probably not much. Condoms? A few joints? Do they pick up the bill for your meds? 

Are you one of my relatives?

Too bad anyone responded to your idiotic post. This forum has ignored much better people than you. 

The firearm laws has nothing to do with why urban areas voted for booker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed, but they're still single-issue voters. The person who promises them the most gets elected.

I'd love for a Republican to campaign in urban areas promising them free food, free rent, cigarettes, booze, pot, free f-ing everything. Wink wink, nod, nod. He'd get at least 2/3 of their vote.

I voted for lonegan because he was more conservative, not because he had an R after his name. The RSC did zilch to help him, Christies support was flabby, and of course the media hates him. I am sure there are a few members of this board that voted for booker, and are happy about it. Remember this when the next batch of gun grabbing comes up in the us senate in just about 2 months from now