H&K40Cal

Crimson Trace Lasergrip Sig 226

I have been on the fence on whether or not to purchase the CTL with side activation. I have the 226 in 9mm & the 22lr exchange kit and I thought it might help me at the range to become more accurate. Just wanted to get some opinions and hear some of your thoughts or suggestions.

I installed a CT CMR-201 on my 226 9mm a few weeks ago.  The price for the Grip version was more than I wanted to spend with no experience using a laser.

Well, holy sh..  I was a fair shot at 15 yards, once zeroed in my accuracy is quite improved and at closer ranges I feel like some hot shot.  For me it really made a difference.  The only thing I noticed is that the mounting screws seem to loosen after a few hundred rounds.  Not a big deal but it may require a readjustment the next time i go to the range.

My wife has a Sig 238 that came with the laser and I notice that the screws for her laser also get loose.  

How do you like the .22 conversion kit?  I've been toying with getting one but the mags are off the wall for what they are and need modification for the last round issue.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Thanks for the advice Tom. I actually bought the 226 as a 22 and got the 9 mm conversion kit. Was able to get both for the price of what they wanted for the 226 in the 9mm. I like having it in both cal. I shoot the 22 for the most part at the range and then run a box of 9mm towards the end. I have other 22's but there smaller frame guns and you really feel the difference when you go up in cal but since the its the same frame it's not as noticeable at least my opinion. As far the 22 mags, my first round I upgraded them with the Sig Power parts which worked great but was pricey. Then I found a AR mag kit from Brownelle for $8 for 3 mags. A little modification and they worked just as good. The rail stays back on the last round and each mag now holds 15 rounds. The only drawback is on the last round the follower holds the rail back so you need to lock the rail before you eject the clip. After shooting a few rounds it really wasn't a big deal to get use to.

Thank you for the advice as well.  I have a discount from Sig that I have not used yet which makes the conversion kit a good buy.  I read about the Brownelle mod but you are the first one I've spoken about it.  I looked at Sig Power but the guy who was running the site seems to have disappeared as far as some of his customers were concerned.

I shoot the opposite of you.  I shoot mostly 9mm and then my .22 Ruger Mark 1 for about a box of .22's.  The funny part right now is that its easier to find .9 mm at a decent price than .22's.  I've been hoarding the ones I have, the current prices are crazy.  Good luck with the CR Grips.  

This topic is great. I was sometime in the near future going to post the same exact question. I bought my Sig P226 as a 9mm, but then bought another 9mm and use it more. So I bought the .22LR conversion kit so my girl would have a little plinker whenever she came to the range with me. I've been thinking of getting the CT Lasergrips for a while now, but they are soooooo expensive, that I dont want to pay $300+ for something that either isn't very useful or hard to use... 

The only thing I can add to H&K's assessment of the conversion kit is that I've heard a lot of horror stories of people not getting the magazines that hold the slide open, and then accidentally dry firing thinking they still have rounds in the mag, and actually breaking the firing pin. Im not sure how common a problem it actually is, but I'd rather not find out first hand. Also, make sure you get the threaded barrel version. It's only a few bux more and looks so much more bad @ss.