Bully

What the Hell Happened???

I am new to the firearm "thing". Started in on it about 2 years ago. Never saw the need and was WAY to into motorcycles and choppers to really delve into it. Shot a lot of BB guns as a kid and did my stint in the military so was never against them, just didn't own any.

When I started on the journey, I got a 1911. It was (and is) the consummate "pistol" in my eyes. Aesthetically pleasing, fun to shoot, crazy accurate, all wrapped up in a blanket of history that is somewhat mind boggling. I wound up building a 1911 and getting a couple more. Really loving them. Had a plastic gun or two. Great for the SHTF stuff that everyone likes to speculate on. Plus, if the zombies ever do show up, I'd be set.

Then, I got a 686+. I got it to go along with my Marlin (which I sold, btw). The Smitty is a joy to hold. I got the 3" Talo version. I absolutely adore that gun. Great balance in hand and of line. Accurate. Just sweet. And, to top it all off, it broadened my horizons as reloading for .357 is a ton of fun. So many different combos and I simply stick to the recipes. Love it. The versatility is awesome.

Now, all I want to own is revolvers. I simply enjoy the hell out of them. I can't quite figure out if it's because they are such a simple design compared to autos? Or, if it's because I can see all the parts work. Or, do I just love the way the shot goes off? Or is it the inherent reliability? I can't quite put a finger on it. However, I've sold off my plastics to buy more. I don't have much of a collection, but I think it could grow.

What attract(ed)s you to wheel guns?

Pictures are GREATLY encouraged. Sadly, I had to re-boot my computer and lost all of mine. Feel free to compensate for my sad situation by posting multiple pics of your wheelies!!

I'm right there with you, Topher. My first gun purchase was in 2010, a police trade in S&W 10-8. I bought it cuz it was cheap, like $125 cheap. I did not expect much of it, but I love it to death. I now have a S&W 34-1 and just last week scored a really clean 6" S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman. I have also owned, and since sold, a beater S&W 19 and a 6" Ruger Security Six (shoulda kept the Ruger).

I do own 2 pistols, a 92fs that was my uncles and a Buckmark. I like them both, especially the Browning, but when I look at the shelves of guns at a shop, the pistols do nothing for me, even the 1911s (blasphemy, I know).

I have 5 more permits, but I do not have the finances to fund 5 guns. I keep thinking I have enough revolvers, but they are so simple and lovely, I cannot look away.

You are not alone.

I love my revolvers even though I don't really shoot them.

I now have 3 Colts, 2 Smiths, and a Taurus. 

Maybe it is because not many people go for revolvers now... so they are like the classic muscle car, in a world of horsepower per liter and turbos.

I am still looking for a nice Python, Anaconda, 586, 610, 625, and 8 shot 357.

The 44 mag is the original BadAsss.. Dirty Harry put two 44's in the front lines of his movies. first the infamous smith model 29 which gun enthusiasts put on the top sellers list then the auto mag..

Nothing says Get off my property better than a revolver  not only are you looking down a barrel but you see the front end of the businesses that is about to come out of it.. Any fire rings left on the cylinder say i am not afraid to use it..

loadedrevolver_zpsff2a375e.jpg  

It's not a disease--its not a sickness...I don't need no stinkin' 12-step program!

I tried to like autoloaders.  I really did.  I have a .45 and a .22 (a springfield 1911 and a S&W Model 41) that I picked-up and shot 3-gun bullseye with.  And they are fine, accurate shooters.

But there's just something about revolvers...their simplicity, their inherent accuracy.  The precision of their single-action trigger - the challenge of the double action...they're marvels of the early industrial age. 

They intrigue me...they challenge me.  So much more than the typical pistol.

That, and I dont have to chase their empties all over creation after I've shot 'em!

My only revolver. a Smith and Wesson Model 66. Made in 1970 and came with original box and paperwork. Looks like the original owner purchased it and never fired it. I am more into semis, but the price was too good to pass up.

IMG_4096.jpg