Sign in to follow this  
the_stranger

SASS Questions

I'm pretty sure a few people on the forum shoot SASS, so a few questions from a noob.

What kind of holsters are you using? Where did you get them? Anyplace somewhat close to actually try any on?

Where do you shoot?

What kind of shotguns are you running?

Anyone have a line on any 38 spcl HSM, Ultramax or some other brands besides Fiocchi?

My 1873 rifle does not like the Fiocchi 38s and HATES the Fiocchi 357 rounds, but will shoot

BVAC 38 reloads (and other 38s) all day long.

I shoot at both Monmouth County (2nd Sun) and Central Jersey (4th Sun).

My rig was custom made by Rudy at Blackhills Leather in TX. Shotgun shell belt by an other sass member who shoots both ranges also.

Using a Stoeger 12 ga SxS Coach.

My lever is a Marlin 1873.

Pistols are Ruger Vaquero. All 3 are in .45lc

Best thing to do is to start doing your own reloads. Most matches are on average 100 rds of pistol & rifle, 20 rds or so of shotgun.

If you have time, this weekend at Central Jersey there is the State Championship. Purgatory in the Pines.

There will be some vendors on site. Last year there was a gentleman doing leather work, another doing engraving and another selling period clothing.

I'll be there tomorrow just as a spectator. I can bring my rig for you to see and try on, or at least get an idea of where to measure for sizing. I need to send mine back to get it resized, getting sick causes changes but in a good way.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure a few people on the forum shoot SASS, so a few questions from a noob.

What kind of holsters are you using? Where did you get them? Anyplace somewhat close to actually try any on?

Where do you shoot?

What kind of shotguns are you running?

Anyone have a line on any 38 spcl HSM, Ultramax or some other brands besides Fiocchi?

My 1873 rifle does not like the Fiocchi 38s and HATES the Fiocchi 357 rounds, but will shoot

BVAC 38 reloads (and other 38s) all day long.

Noticed you're located in Warren County............Shongum has a club that shoots on the 2nd Sunday of each month http://www.shongum.org/activities/cowboy.html website ain't updated, but they're still emptying brass.

Guthsville PA, located on the western side of Allentown PA has a club that shoots on the 2nd Sunday of each month https://www.guthsville.com/cowboy.php

Matamoras PA has the the Matamoras Mavericks who shoot on the 3rd sunday http://www.angelfire.com/matamorasrodandgunclub/CAS/cowboyindex.html