Ddc2003

Beretta PX4

So I have been searching and I can't seem to find a topic mentioning this gun, so I figured I would post.

Does anyone have any experience with the PX4?

I'm going to rent it next time I go to the range. It's a beautiful gun, reviews are great, so I am considering a purchase when I get the permits.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

A good friend of mine has one and I have shot it quite a bit. I really like the gun. Its a soft, accurate shooter that does not break the bank. I was going to get one to fill the 9mm semi hole in my collection but then I shot the Sig 229. Now the PX4 is on the back burner but I still like the gun I just like the 229 better.

When searching, it hates 3 letters.. Use the Full name in "Beretta PX4"...

Here is another thread...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/60089-px4-storm-full-size-or-compact/#entry774660

Sorry about that! Haha I didn't realize that about the search.

Have a PX4 45 cal...OK gun, there are much better options IMHO out there...It was my first pistol purchase 16 months ago.

I do not like the SA/DA trigger; I do not like the FAT grip for my medium hands; I do not like decocker.

It has a 4 inch barrel so it isn't especially accurate out at 25 yards and beyond. (I think of it as a 50 FOOT and in gun).

I've switch to 1911's a while back that resolved all the dislikes above. And now I shoot very, vey, well out to 100 feet/33.3 yards and am expanding to 50 yards. -I am into the sport/marksmanship part of shooting more than anything...I was making 90 foot head shots regularly yesterday. You will likely not be able to do it with a PX4 (you can but it will be quite a challange). So it depends what you want the gun for.

Your results may vary. (if you are just using it for HD it is OK assuming you don't mind the fat grip).

What about the PX4 vs. the "NANO" 9mm? I had a chance to shoot a NANO a week ago. A tad "kicky" but never "uncomfortable."

Apples and oranges.  I have both.  The Px4 is a great shooter - it was my first handgun and I still have it.  The Nano is a nice CCW gun.  It's a "pocket gun" - not really made for every day shooting.

Have a PX4 45 cal...OK gun, there are much better options IMHO out there...It was my first pistol purchase 16 months ago.

I do not like the SA/DA trigger; I do not like the FAT grip for my medium hands; I do not like decocker.

It has a 4 inch barrel so it isn't especially accurate out at 25 yards and beyond. (I think of it as a 50 FOOT and in gun).

I've switch to 1911's a while back that resolved all the dislikes above. And now I shoot very, vey, well out to 100 feet/33.3 yards and am expanding to 50 yards. -I am into the sport/marksmanship part of shooting more than anything...I was making 90 foot head shots regularly yesterday. You will likely not be able to do it with a PX4 (you can but it will be quite a challange). So it depends what you want the gun for.

Your results may vary. (if you are just using it for HD it is OK assuming you don't mind the fat grip).

FYI. The PX4 .45 has a "fatter" grip than the PX4 9mm and .40. They use different frames.

i have a 9mm compact and its a great multi-purpose sidearm. runs great and shoots great. I prefer my 92 over it, but at the same time i will carry my px4 around the house. All my other guns are full size, so this was for a lighter smaller option... and it paid off during sandy.. carried it for a week and half when the power was out working around the yard and in the house.

Have had a PX 4 45 SD for a while. It is soft shooting and 100% reliable. It is my primary HD gun.  I never tried for accuracy past 15 yards but at 7 yards, I can do rapid, less than 5 inch groups all day without trying.  I figure that's good enough to stop a bad guy.

I also mounted a LaserMax on the rail.  As far as a fat grip, It is fatter than my Sig 45 (P220) but the Sig is single stack the Beretta is double and holds two more rounds.  I added a Hogue finger groove sleeve because the polymer is too slick.  Love this gun for it's intended use.

Hi All,

I bought brand new Beretta INOX Px4 for my wife, and she did test this gun last week in shooting range, and bumped in to issue with jams. The gun jammed every 3rd shoot for her.

I thought in maybe issue with shooting practice of my wife, and tested 2 magazines, and get 3 jams out of 2 magazines.

At same time she did shoot from my HK VP9 and there is no anyone jam's for her, all 4 magazines went through...

Guys do you have any suggestion?

Hi All,

I bought brand new Beretta INOX Px4 for my wife, and she did test this gun last week in shooting range, and bumped in to issue with jams. The gun jammed every 3rd shoot for her.

I thought in maybe issue with shooting practice of my wife, and tested 2 magazines, and get 3 jams out of 2 magazines.

At same time she did shoot from my HK VP9 and there is no anyone jam's for her, all 4 magazines went through...

Guys do you have any suggestion?

Can you explain the "jam" a little better? Was it a failure to extract, eject, stovepipe, or failure to feed? It is extremely unusual to hear about any kind of "jamming" issues with the PX4.

Wow, I was surprise how many ppl actually respond on my message. Thanks...

Ok let me know clarify some questions:

1. No I didn't clean a handgun, because I though brand new now required to be clean. (Krdshrk)

2. Yes, Px4 jammed for both of us, for me a little bit less. (ted527)

3. What I mean by jam: I think it happen on release empty sleeve from handgun after fire, and new bullet come up in place. I can see both things (empty and new bullets) are stuck. (diamondd817)

4. About ammo: we used PMG 9mm. (ted527)

Yes - the Px4 requires a good cleaning before firing.

Beretta packs the gun in grease for storage, not for operation.  Give it a good cleaning and lubricate the proper areas - it will work a lot better.

I didn't clean my Px4 before I shot it - I got Failures to Feed (FTF) a few times.  After a cleaning, the problem went away.

Yes - the Px4 requires a good cleaning before firing.

Beretta packs the gun in grease for storage, not for operation.  Give it a good cleaning and lubricate the proper areas - it will work a lot better.

I didn't clean my Px4 before I shot it - I got Failures to Feed (FTF) a few times.  After a cleaning, the problem went away.

Thank you Krdshrk...

Wow, I was surprise how many ppl actually respond on my message. Thanks...

Ok let me know clarify some questions:

1. No I didn't clean a handgun, because I though brand new now required to be clean. (Krdshrk)

2. Yes, Px4 jammed for both of us, for me a little bit less. (ted527)

3. What I mean by jam: I think it happen on release empty sleeve from handgun after fire, and new bullet come up in place. I can see both things (empty and new bullets) are stuck. (diamondd817)

4. About ammo: we used PMG 9mm. (ted527)

Wait, do you mean the slide was locked open after the last round fired?

So I have been searching and I can't seem to find a topic mentioning this gun, so I figured I would post.

Does anyone have any experience with the PX4?

I'm going to rent it next time I go to the range. It's a beautiful gun, reviews are great, so I am considering a purchase when I get the permits.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Good shooting gun, I actually have a compact in 9mm that Ive been toying with selling if your interested, about 300 rounds down the pipe, I just prefer to shoot my sig 9mm more but you cant go wrong with the px4.

We are planning to go to shooting range again later this week.

I did clean for a a gun, lubricated etc...

Also will going to buy another ammo like Federal (American Eagle).

I hope it will not happen again :roulette: , because spouse was really disappointed by last eexperience.. but if jam's happened again, will post a photo here.

Hi All,

After clean the gun and change ammo to Federal 9mm, Beretta Px4 did his work - perfectly.

I would like to try again PMG ammo this weekend, and let everyone issue was related to ammo or not cleaned brand new gun.

Thanks everyone !

I will add as well, have 2 and one has been beat to hell for about 6k rounds and various kinds of brass and steel ammo. Never a hiccup.......really a great handgun

I will also add that I've never owned a sig or a glock for comparison sake as I hate the glock and will get a sig:)