Recon Racoon

Looking for new TV shows to watch

It all depends on what kind of shows you're into.  I can list a whole bunch of them that are on Netflix.  My wife and I only watch stuff on Netflix and Hulu.  I just don't feel like throwing tons of money away to get a million channels with nothing interesting to watch.

Believe it or not, I couldn't get into Game of Thrones. Watched the first season, and just didn't care for it.I'll look up Rome, when it was on Netflix, I watched Spartacus Blood and Sand all the time.

Rome was far better than the Spartacus series. If you can check out Deadwood another HBO series that I thought was pretty good.

The Walking Dead.  I just started watching during the last season and I have to say that it keeps you interested for every single episode.  Even watching old ones where you already know the outcome keeps you on your toes a bit.  Then it's thought-provoking in the sense that you question what you'd do in similar SHTF situations and how you'd treat/trust other survivors.  

Surprising that you didn't like GoT. Though I'd say the tone changes a bit after the first season, I'm not sure if you'd like the direction.

I've heard great things about Homeland so I'll throw that in too.

Rubicon - the best one I've seen

I like most of AMC TV shows:

Breaking Bad 

The Killing 

Hell on Wheels 

The Walking Dead 

+50 for walking dead...

ADVISORY: Don't sit on your couch while watching the walking dead with your firearm in hand. I know its not easy but resist it!

House Of Cards was a British show?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098825/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Followed by To Play The King and The Final Cut, the last 2 parts of this excellent trilogy

Low Winter Sun just wrapped up on AMC and it was good.

That was just Season 1

Looking fwd to Season 2 also

I was going to create a thread about this asking for suggestions so instead I'll just add to this one. I like watching shows that have at least a couple of season if not the entire series available on Netflix as I hate having to wait till the next one comes out. Over the past year or so, I watched these on Netflix.

- Colony

- Jericho

- Heroes

- Lost

- Fringe

- Walking Dead

Will watch next:

- X-FIles

Currently watching:

- Touch

On Netflix...

Copper

Ripper Street

Hell on Wheels

If you're a real trooper, Midsomer murders.   Wife and I watched every one and enjoyed almost all of 'em.  There's a few dogs, but most are entertaining.

House of Cards

Breaking Bad

As a shot in the dark: Battlestar Galactica.

It's basically a post-apocalyptic scenario set in the "future."  It's sci-fi, but mostly grounded in "normal" science and technology (ballistic weapons and nukes, no lasers/phasers/transporters).  People trying to survive in space with no home world and few resources and a relentless enemy in pursuit.

Edit: BSG is on Netflix, too.