ryan_j

Non-criminal arrested for empty shells in his house in DC

...Police based their search on a charge made by Mr. Witaschek’s estranged wife, who had earlier convinced a court clerk to issue a temporary restraining order against her husband for threatening her with a gun, although a judge later found the charge to be without merit....

I'm having outrage fatigue.

Insane. Just insane. Those kids were lucky they weren't shot by those fucking assholes. What a bitch x-wife as well. Poor guy. I guess it is more important to arrest innocent people than actually go after real criminals. Just amazing. No wonder this country is on its way to hell.

I'm looking for some way to lend support to this guy - he's refused settling with the AG's office for lesser charges, and is going to trial instead and risking jail time.

This same AG's office declined to prosecute David Gregory when he possessed an illegal magazine to use as a prop on air in D.C.

I may try contacting him directly via his work contact.

my post copied and pasted from the Kali law case thread...

"This is why I have come to believe that almost all gun control laws are bad. There are no common sense gun laws because eventually those in power will try and subvert them to their own end."

+1

I'm looking for some way to lend support to this guy - he's refused settling with the AG's office for lesser charges, and is going to trial instead and risking jail time.

This same AG's office declined to prosecute David Gregory when he possessed an illegal magazine to use as a prop on air in D.C.

I may try contacting him directly via his work contact.

I'm no lawyer, but I wonder if he could claim selective prosecution?

My heart is beating out of my chest right now...No more police, we have paramilitary that can go into your home based on basically nothing, as was evidenced by what they found - nothing.  Albeit DC laws are stupid and he was technically in violation of the law, but I have never heard of someone being killed by empty shotgun shells and cleaning equipment.

The police can point loaded weapons at you when you present no danger, an act of dealy force. If you did it to a police officer you'd get God knows how many years in prison.  Then they pull a naked family member out of the shower and show him absolutely no human dignity.  How did we get here, that law enforcement feels that i order to enforce the law that have to treat citizens who are inocent until proven guilty like sewer rats in their own home?????

"Note:

If you have an empty/fired cartridge case, bullets not loaded in a case, primers, powder etc in your vehicle that is not stored so it can’t be accessed by the driver or any passenger you are in violation of DC Code and can be fined and jailed."

Because you might (literally) handload them and then have ammo? WTF!

I hope his kids remember that their Mother is the cause of having guns in their face and being yanked out of the shower and handcuffed naked, being  humiliated, etc etc. Upside is that if he wins his freedom, getting full custody should be a piece of cake. It is rotten what "adults" can do to their kids in divorce to get revenge on someone else.

This can't be happening WTF???

This guy must have really pissed some high level official off some how. Or his ex is banging the DA or something. I can't believe that is the total story with all the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I hope his kids remember that their Mother is the cause of having guns in their face and being yanked out of the shower and handcuffed naked, being humiliated, etc etc. Upside is that if he wins his freedom, getting full custody should be a piece of cake. It is rotten what "adults" can do to their kids in divorce to get revenge on someone else.

On the flip side, if he loses and becomes a convicted felon, those kids will probably end up living full time with that "woman".

This can't be happening WTF???

This guy must have really pissed some high level official off some how. Or his ex is banging the DA or something. I can't believe that is the total story with all the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Probably nothing like that. Once D.C. lost Heller, they decided to double down on f*cking with gun owners.

In other words the powers that be in D.C. are just like this guy's ex: petty, vindictive, willing to hurt anyone in order to feel better about losing and generally immoral.

You can only hope this guy is a very, very successful financial adviser and has the warchest to take on these DC Stormtroopers. He appears to have the correct principals. So much fail here starting with a clerk handing out a r.o. Disgusting this BS is getting more common in the good ole USA......

Massachusetts has a similar law - ammo components (including spent .22 rimfire cartridge cases) are defined by statute to be ammo and can only be possessed if one has a MA FID.  

Any tree hugging bird watcher that picks up a spent shotgun shell in a wildlife reserve is a criminal in MA.  Can't wait for one to get snagged by this BS.