ruger9

Archery in backyard - Mansfield Twp - Warren County ???

Anyone live in Mansfield Twp, Warren County, tell me if there is a local "no discharge" ordinance, that would cover archery?  Just wondering if it's legal to do it in my backyard (target).  And by the off-chance it IS legal, is there a restriction (such as 150ft from a dwelling, etc).?

I can't call the police dept now, but I will tomorrow... just wondering if anyone here knew?

I am unsure, but I believe you'd just follow the hunting guidelines for bow discharge. What they are I don't know as I'm not a bowhunter.

In all seriousness, as long as you're not shooting towards someone else's house 50ft away, just practice as you please. I wouldn't even worry about it.

I live in Sussex county and I shoot my bow in the back yard all the time. Have for years. The law for hunting is: "bow hunting is not permitted within 150' from any frequently visited building, unless WRITTEN permission has been obtained prior to hunting". " bow hunting is not permitted within 450' of any school, playground/ball feild" That can include a house, shed or garage, and any other type of out building, as they are all by definition "frequently visited buildings". But with written permission from the owners of those frequently visited buildings your good to go. Thats how I get to bow hunt from my back deck. The neighbors are cool with it. When I do practice in the yard im shooting from an elevated position and i use my concrete block garage as a backstop. If your neighbor's are douche bags and they have a building within 150' of your proposed shooting area they could call the cops and mess with your life a bit if you don't have written consent from them.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

I am unsure, but I believe you'd just follow the hunting guidelines for bow discharge. What they are I don't know as I'm not a bowhunter.

In all seriousness, as long as you're not shooting towards someone else's house 50ft away, just practice as you please. I wouldn't even worry about it.

This

Warren county and your worried? As long as your shooting in a safe direction with a suitable back stop. Very simple here... Use your head and don't be stupid.

That all sounds perfectly sensible... but you forget we are in PRNJ.

I live in Sussex county and I shoot my bow in the back yard all the time. Have for years. The law for hunting is: "bow hunting is not permitted within 150' from any frequently visited building, unless WRITTEN permission has been obtained prior to hunting". " bow hunting is not permitted within 450' of any school, playground/ball feild" That can include a house, shed or garage, and any other type of out building, as they are all by definition "frequently visited buildings". But with written permission from the owners of those frequently visited buildings your good to go. Thats how I get to bow hunt from my back deck. The neighbors are cool with it. When I do practice in the yard im shooting from an elevated position and i use my concrete block garage as a backstop. If your neighbor's are douche bags and they have a building within 150' of your proposed shooting area they could call the cops and mess with your life a bit if you don't have written consent from them. Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

IIRC - The 150' from any building rule (frequently visited or not) only applies to bow hunting and not target shooting (and the same for the 450' for gun hunting rule). Bottom line, if the town does not have a discharge ordinance, you can target shoot regardless of the distance to your neighbors as long as you are shooting in a safe direction.