I will be flying back to NJ and won't be bringing any guns or ammo.  I want to take my brother-in-law shooting.  How is Brick Armory for a beginner like him?  I will be there with him but I want him to have a good experience.  Also, how are they on ammo?  I know it will be expensive but I will pay as long as they have it. 

I like BA's range better than Shore Shot even though it is $5 more per hour. BA is much more spacious and has better ventilation. I always bring my own ammo so can't quote price but a few months back I saw a sign for $40 for 50 rounds of 9mm for non members and $20 for .22 lr for 100 rounds. That could have been crazy shortage prices though. Shore Shot does have a much better selection of rentals for sure. 

I visited the Brick Armory shop/range a few months ago. The Staff was very friendly. The shop was clean and the range was pretty nice. One of the guys gave me a tour as i was considering a membership at the time. The range was a bit dim but i imagine that it was because no one was using it at the time. The range area was a bit on the warm side (visited in the summer), again maybe it was because there was no one back there so they didnt have the air turned up.

Overall the shop and range were nice. People were professional and a decent selection of rifles at the time.

Its tough in the summer since they do not have AC in the range. The fans only pump in/out the air from outside. Im a member there and I like the more relaxed atmosphere and larger range area with the bench in the back to keep your stuff. It took a while to get some of the lanes fixed and that was very frustrating but never had a problem getting a lane. Ive never rented anything from them but the selection is small and looks a bit beat up. The staff is always friendly and willing to share any info on whats in stock..........which is limited to mostly consignment milsurps for rifles. Handguns seem to be priced reasonably, I would purchase from them if they had something that I was looking for. 

Been a member of BA for a month now. I love it because the staff is friendly and not up your ass. You can shoot rifles there as well at 25 yards. Glad i chose them. Better off bringing your own ammo than buying it there. Not sure about renting but I like that most renters agree to give me their brass when they are done which is sweet.

I like Shore Shot as a range.  Nice people.

I brought my 11 year old daughter to brick for her first try at shooting my 22 rifle and they were incredibly nice. Brought her a stood, sand bags etc et with out me needing to ask.... they get a thumbs up in my book

I like Shore Shot as a range.  Nice people.

I brought my 11 year old daughter to brick for her first try at shooting my 22 rifle and they were incredibly nice. Brought her a stood, sand bags etc et with out me needing to ask.... they get a thumbs up in my book

I too like SS.They recently upgraded their soundproofing,air filtration and HVAC as well as reorganized and re-merchandised their retail floor.Firearm selection both retail and rental is the most I've seen in the almost 4 years I've been shooting there and RO's are really on top of things in no small part due to the tragic incident several months ago.

Kyle keeps up their web site,FB page and even answers any concerns on several review sites as well.

I feel comfortable,safe and welcomed at SS but stay away on weekends.

Agreed.  The weedend is out.  It will have to be Friday, Monday or Tuesday. 

I too like SS.They recently upgraded their soundproofing,air filtration and HVAC as well as reorganized and re-merchandised their retail floor.Firearm selection both retail and rental is the most I've seen in the almost 4 years I've been shooting there and RO's are really on top of things in no small part due to the tragic incident several months ago.

Kyle keeps up their web site,FB page and even answers any concerns on several review sites as well.

I feel comfortable,safe and welcomed at SS but stay away on weekends.

Agreed.  The weedend is out.  It will have to be Friday, Monday or Tuesday. 

I generally shoot on a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon and sometimes have the place all to myself.They also don't hold you to the time unless someone is waiting for the lane or rental gun.

BA is a bunch if hypocrites in the past they were antagonistic to forum members. They were upset we didn't buy their overpriced ammo and didn't spend money so they threatened to match screen names with range members and tell them their memberships would me be renewed.

Real nice people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BA is a bunch if hypocrites in the past they were antagonistic to forum members. They were upset we didn't buy their overpriced ammo and didn't spend money so they threatened to match screen names with range members and tell them their memberships would me be renewed.

Real nice people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any evidence of this. I just shot there for the first time about a week ago and I enjoyed it. Was planning on joining

Any evidence of this. I just shot there for the first time about a week ago and I enjoyed it. Was planning on joining

There has been many threads supporting those accusations both on BA and SS.

Anyone can post a thread, regardless of truth or merit... any real evidence?

None that I can recall other than SS stopping their $10.00 /hour range time for NJGF members because of one Gentleman with a persecution complex.

Yes I experienced it first hand and how they felt the forum was costing them money and they resented it.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

No problems at CJRPC...just sayin ;)

Same goes for Shooters in Little Egg Harbor. I usually shoot in the mornings so most ranges I go to are not very busy at those times. Although I once went to Shore Shot around 10:30 am and there was a wait on a Thursday about three months ago.

Anyone can post a thread, regardless of truth or merit... any real evidence?

Yes, just do not let them know you belong to this forum and you should be fine it was a great place to shoot, just do not purchase any guns from him that you cannot touch.. 

was there this weekend. 1 lane down. I have encountered one annoying thing there now that i think of it. I asked what the transfer fees were for members and it really is not much of a discount at all. 35+15 nics, thats not a deal...thats normal pricing,

There are far better options with forum sponsors for transfers.