Targetpractice

PA gun show question

Went to the Oaks show this month was blown away by the amount of guns available that weren't before. Prices were all over the place depends what you wanted one thing I did notice that an effort was made for Jersey legal guns. Seen a new S&W M&P 308 $1500. , Saigas were anywhere from $475 to $700. If you have never gone to a PA. show just be prepared tell them up front I'm from Jersey will you sell me this gun. Been going to PA. shows for years and it's like I have the plague. Sometimes they sell sometimes they don't be prepared to be heart broken.

be prepared tell them up front I'm from Jersey will you sell me this gun. Been going to PA. shows for years and it's like I have the plague. Sometimes they sell sometimes they don't be prepared to be heart broken.

Some dealers are worse than others. I once asked Dennis Todd, the class 3/full auto dealer, about some parts for a browning 1919a4 beltfed. When he asked where I lived and I said NJ, he said...too bad and walked away. Now the semi auto version of this gun is 100% NJ legal, and he didnt have to be such an ass, as just about every part of that gun is legal here and I had money in hand and would have bought the parts right then  , but do be prepared for such rude behavior.

Some dealers are worse than others. I once asked Dennis Todd, the class 3/full auto dealer, about some parts for a browning 1919a4 beltfed. When he asked where I lived and I said NJ, he said...too bad and walked away. Now the semi auto version of this gun is 100% NJ legal, and he didnt have to be such an ass, as just about every part of that gun is legal here and I had money in hand and would have bought the parts right then  , but do be prepared for such rude behavior.

I ran into a dealer like this when I bought my Mossberg 500.  Wanted to pick up the Security model with the 7+1 capacity, and the first dealer wouldn't sell to me since I was from Jersey.  Luckily the second one did.

IMHO many of the people who picked up Scary Black Guns post-Newtown are selling them now that the panic is over and they suddenly need $1,000 because their water heater broke. I don't know how many 'deals' you will spot.

The last gun show I attended was the Oaks Gun show as a rep from NJ2AS. I saw a nice 80 year old falling block rifle, but not for $200.

Fishpaw hit the nail on the head. Preparing for rude behavior is an understatement. Gun shows made me realize how rude a good handful of gun enthusiast buyers as well as gun sellers are. I went to a handful when I first got into guns and haven't been back in a while. My buddy was trying to persuade me to go to one next month, and I'll probably go to see if things got better The fact that I can buy ammo as well as most other crap they sell for a decent amount cheaper through my own sources and I don't have to give money to some guy calling me an idiot for living in NJ makes things so much easier. When I have a bunch of 100 $ bills and I'm telling you I want this gun you have, it shocks me that some sellers ruin profit over a comment such as that.

I will say, if you are into milsurp or used guns, gun shows are great for that sorta stuff. Milsurp hunting is probably one of the only reasons I'd go to one nowadays.

Dennis Todd is a very highly respected dealer in this region.

He's also a fucking idiot.

If you can deal with the latter, he will deliver on the former.

Its all good...a few shows later I walked up to his booth and bought an item off the table, without him asking where I was from. It was a semi rare barrel shroud for the Browning 1919 and was priced about 1/5 of what it should have been. He had it at the same price as the common version of the part. Thanks for the great deal Dennis!

Dennis Todd is a very highly respected dealer in this region.

He's also a friggin idiot.

If you can deal with the latter, he will deliver on the former.

I don't understand why so many in the gun community (both buyers and sellers) act like hard asses. Ironically, most of the pleasant people I've encountered in the community are/were hardened soldiers.

Only the truly powerful can afford to be gentle.

I missed all the shows over the summer. After hearing the prices from friends I didn't miss out. I think there is a show right before Christmas and I will be attending.

I missed all the shows over the summer. After hearing the prices from friends I didn't miss out. I think there is a show right before Christmas and I will be attending.

December 20 @ the Philly expo? If so, is it a good one? I haven't been to a show in years.