checko

How many magazines?

depends on which gun. my 22's have the least maybe 4-5 each. my 92 has 31 lol!. but to justify them they also pr up with my cx4 and about 10 of them are 10 rds (vs15) which I got for almost nothing from a midnight shopping expidition. My cougar9 has 22 but again I can use in my cx4 if needed, The cougar45 has only :) 15 cause they're pricy at about $40 each but cant resist a good deal.....my other hgs/rifles about 6-10 each. Do I have too many?

i have 4 for my CZ75..  3 for my M&P22 (would buy more, but im not paying $45 for a 22 magazine) and 6 for my 15-22..   but i would think 3-4 is a good place to be and then just look for deals after that... 3-4 gets you started..  if i could find the 10rd CZ mags for less than $25, i would get get a few more.. 

I want a minimum of 4 for every gun I get. I need 3 for IDPA and like to have an extra for quick mag changes during competition and just to have an extra. After I get 4 I troll websites and look for people selling them for a reasonable price and pick up bunches.

How are youse guys carrying guns? I thought that was illegal in NJ unless your a police officer or an armored car person and get the permit.

We can carry outside NJ with An out of state resident CCW permit that happen to reciprocate with many other "free America" states. Unfortunately you are correct about carrying in this state, without "justifiable need" you can't carry here. What justifiable need actually is? No one really knows for sure the state refuses to define it. Up to the judge handling the application. No one really ever gets one, so I don't know anyone that has one to ask what their justifiable need was. Take the Utah and Florida class then you can also carry in free Murica.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

for my twin P30's... 21

6 defensive ammo (1 in each of my firearms. 2 reloads with each)

2 dry-fire training, loaded with snap caps (normally these would be "worn" out mags, but none have worn out yet so they're basically fresh.)

7 range mags (becuase that's how many spaces in my bag)

6 fresh in wrappers unopened as replacements

I only have 10 for the P2000SK twins, but since it is mag compatible with the P30's i'm not that worried.

I keep six for the my off duty gun at home.  I always carry an extra magazine when I'm out,. NEVER carry just the magazine in the weapon.  You will be out of bullets very quickly and end up throwing your gun at the bad guy!  :)

I think the answer to this question has a lot to do with what you use your gun for, how many guns you have, and if you can carry it or not.  Since most of us are citizens of the people's republic of NJ carry is not an issue.  While I have an out of state carry permit, not sure I will ever actually put the gun in the trunk and go do that anyway.  In my case I use several of my guns for IDPA, USPSA and Knockdown steel matches.  That said I like to have five or six for those guns.  For other guns I find that three seems to be fine.  As someone else said, I only have "one" for my revolver :)