Barms

Not all FDE the same? UPDATED with new pics

Just opened my mapul fixed stock in FDE right out of the box. I swear it looks dark green to me. I have an AFG incoming in FDE I will compare colors soon. The box says FDE though. Has anybody heard of different items being different shades from Magpul?

Check this out it looks like this:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=804694

and this guy says his is FDE too. Is that color right?

Just opened my mapul fixed stock in FDE right out of the box. I swear it looks dark green to me. I have an AFG incoming in FDE I will compare colors soon. The box says FDE though. Has anybody heard of different items being different shades from Magpul?

Check this out it looks like this:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=804694

and this guy says his is FDE too. Is that color right?

That color doesn't look right, comparing it to the cardboard it's shot against.  White balance can do funny things to colors so I typically look for other items in the photo to compare against and that looks more OD green (but not quite) than FDE.

A vendor off of Amazon. The AFG I have incoming is from BravoCompany. If they are different I will be sending the stock back. But you guys agree right, this shouldn't be a case of "different batches different materials make the colors different"

All fde of the same brand should look the same as long as its the same material (all plastic, all metal). There is a HUGE difference between manufacturers though in what their fde color looks like.

I learned this the hard way. That being said I pieced together an fde ar that the colors came out pretty close on.

post-5158-13831888347_thumb.jpg

Troy drop in rail. Vltor imod stock. Magpul mbuis grip and mag.

There is a ton of counterfeit Magpul stuff on the market.

and the difference between FDE, Olive & Desert Tan is nutty.

Is desert tan a Magpul color option? I thought it was just BLK, OD, FG, FDE

All Magpul furniture should match. In this pic even the Troy BUIS are a very close match.

f2e3c2bac698fc5e95af426da8c2f555_zps7633

The color is definitely off and I would send it back. At least Amazon will take care of the return without issue if it was fulfilled by them. If fulfilled by the vendor directly you might have to eat shipping cost back.

Ughhhhh. Ruining my night. This just harpooned my goal of really trying to build it my way for best cost and being patient. And exhibit A is i screwed on a part to save a couple of bucks. Lesson learned

Well either i'm retarded with colors (or my mind doesn't remember FDE).  or Magpul srewed up twice?

the AFG just came from Bravo and its the exact same color..   i'm gonna go to OSA tomorrow and see if they have any magpul FDE accessories and see if i'm insane or not..

thoughts please?   I know you guys all swore that was OD green..   

post-5054-0-93725100-1383349709_thumb.jpg

Well either i'm retarded with colors (or my mind doesn't remember FDE).  or Magpul srewed up twice?

the AFG just came from Bravo and its the exact same color..   i'm gonna go to OSA tomorrow and see if they have any magpul FDE accessories and see if i'm insane or not..

thoughts please?   I know you guys all swore that was OD green..   

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Looks normal.

Sorry for all that confusion fellas.. Man the light and camera angle really make a difference I guess.. It's remarkable how some pics online literally make the FDE look tan/yellow.

Worst part is I have another one incoming now. I'm either gonna have to send it back or sell it here. If anyone wants one for $45 local pickup I'll give it to you.