Jon

Wanted: Leftover Halloween Candy for deployed soldiers

My parents are heavily involved in Civil Air Patrol and are taking leftover Halloween candy in order to send it to troops currently deployed overseas. They will be working with Operation Shoebox in order to get as much candy to our troops as possible. I'm happy to pick up in the Somerset/Middlesex/Mercer County area but beyond that I would ask that you mail or deliver what you have. Thanks in advance everyone!

We're hitting Costco this weekend and if they still have their bulk bags of fun size candy, I'll pick one up and flat rate it to you.  I try to put something together for our deployed soldiers every year but haven't had a chance to get anywhere with that this year so this is perfect.  Just candy or do you want some other tastes of home like Slim Jims and jerky?

If you don't trust me then reach out to the Raritan Valley Composite Squadron.

Nice, was CAP for 6.5 years. Inactive right now because of school but I'll be getting back in the game soon. Was in Pineland Squadron and Group 223.

This time of year... Jerky, HAND WARMERS!!!!!!! axe, wet wipes socks, and that sort of thing.  I was there from Oct-March and IT GOT COLD! I shoveled a ton of snow and those hand warmers and toe warmers were a GODSEND! Candy there seemed to be a never ending supply but jerky came rarely.  Axe because EVERYTHING stinks, and wet wipes because almost everywhere (at least where I was ) had port o jons!  Hand sanitizer too.  We sent out packs twice this year.  But yea those hand and toe warmers between now and begining of March were needed almsot daily.  I was at Bagram near Kabul and its @ 8 miles above sea level and in the mountains so it was not desert and it WAS COLD! single digits and below!!

My parents are heavily involved in Civil Air Patrol and are taking leftover Halloween candy in order to send it to troops currently deployed overseas. They will be working with Operation Shoebox in order to get as much candy to our troops as possible. I'm happy to pick up in the Somerset/Middlesex/Mercer County area but beyond that I would ask that you mail or deliver what you have. Thanks in advance everyone!

Jon,

are you guys working with other squadrons?

although not very active myself right now, i am a member of 079(Air Victory Museum Squadron), and served as wing LGT for 3 years.

Jon,

are you guys working with other squadrons?

although not very active myself right now, i am a member of 079(Air Victory Museum Squadron), and served as wing LGT for 3 years.

I'd have to reach out to my parents. They are the ones who are involved, I just help out when they need it.

Candy and Slim Jims secured.  Will be in the mail on Monday so hopefully to your door on Wed or Thurs.

:good: I'll keep an eye out.

Also, planning on getting these shipped out by Thanksgiving.

when my little brother was over there this year we were sending all kinds of stuff, they loved jerky, baby wipes, protein bars, and chef boyardee. I got pile of large flat rate boxes for military, I hope to not have to use for him again.

When my brother was in Afghanistan earlier this year I sent a box full of candy for his unit. 

They always appreciate it. 

The only bad thing was that I had to itemize and weigh every single packet for the customs form. 

I sent a case of PMAGs one year to some EOD guys at FOB FENTY.  That was an interesting one...

Jon, got a collection of beef jerky, hand warmers, gum and AA batteries together, just need to get off my butt and get a flat rate box from the post office and get them sent.  What's the deadline?

Deadline is Thanksgiving. If you can't get it to me, I'll be happy to find some deployed unit's address where you can send it direct :good:

Jon,

Dont have any candy but ill give 100.00 donation to the Civil Air Patrol to buy candy or whatever they want to send.

Let me know where to send it. paypal?

thanks

Wow, good on ya Steve. I'll reach out to ya during the week.