JackDaWack

Anyone take the On-line hunters ed course?

I'm just finishing it up now, started it like 2 years ago lol. Anyway im on the last chapter now and i was wonder what comes next? do i sign up for just a feild test? The list of hunter courses on the site doesnt distinguish between the 2, and some places range from 2 to 8 hours. its kinda confusing... i just spent hours taking this online course i dont want to go to some place and do it all over again...thanks.

Edit: I also found some misinformation in this guide...

Did you take the online test that replaces the free booklet? If so, schedule yourself for the field day and bring your Huntercourse certificate of completion with you. At the field test they will go over all the information that you went over online, take some shots with the weapons that you sign up for, and take a written test.

Yeah, i'm just finishing up the Huntercourse.com online education course. They give you a voucher at the end... but what was the point of taking this VERY long course and taking tests for all 11 chapters if i could have just read a book? I'm just confused i guess between the 2 different ways to do this.. i though you took a field test at the end not a written test... i though that was the purpose of the voucher... to say i learned all the info..

I just don't want any surprises when i show up for the field day, that's all.

Yeah, i'm just finishing up the Huntercourse.com online education course. They give you a voucher at the end... but what was the point of taking this VERY long course and taking tests for all 11 chapters if i could have just read a book? I'm just confused i guess between the 2 different ways to do this.. i though you took a field test at the end not a written test... i though that was the purpose of the voucher... to say i learned all the info..

I just don't want any surprises when i show up for the field day, that's all.

The huntercourse.com test replaces the free booklet. You have the choice of which pre-requisite to complete prior to arriving for your field day. You can complete the free booklet(very time consuming and lots of written work) or pay the $20 for the online test. Hope that clears it up for you.

The huntercourse.com test replaces the free booklet. You have the choice of which pre-requisite to complete prior to arriving for your field day. You can complete the free booklet(very time consuming and lots of written work) or pay the $20 for the online test. Hope that clears it up for you.

OK, yeah/no, they are both VERY time consuming then. I could have ran through the online test if it allowed me to do so, but it makes you stay on each page 2x longer then it takes to actually read the damn page. AND the tests questions don't let you look at the material taught like the book would allow.

Either way that clears up the question.. all the field tests are the same regardless of the initial route taken.

Welp, looks like all field days are booked... will they put more up for December? or is it a fall spring thing? I actually want to go for both bow and shotgun so this will give me time to practice with a bow, i probably wont hunt with bow for a very long time, but might as well get it out of the way IF i can manage to swing it.

I took online course back in Aug or Sept and it was on sale for $16

The online course gives you the ability to go right to your practical test and skip the hour or so walkthru. Complete your practical then go take written part. I was in and out in 40min while others who did booklet were still in the class part.

From the NJDEP Site:

Field sessions and exams are offered at at least one location throughout New Jersey every weekend (excluding holiday weekends) beginning in March through November (except July when only weekday classes are held). Sessions are also held on several weekdays throughout the year for added convenience.

FYI:

Most testing sites/dates allow walk ons. Not all people show up for the test. Out of about 100 people at mine, 80 showed and had about 10 walk ons. I have never heard of them turning anyone away, unless you don't have your paperwork in order.

From the NJDEP Site:

Field sessions and exams are offered at at least one location throughout New Jersey every weekend (excluding holiday weekends) beginning in March through November (except July when only weekday classes are held). Sessions are also held on several weekdays throughout the year for added convenience.

FYI:

Most testing sites/dates allow walk ons. Not all people show up for the test. Out of about 100 people at mine, 80 showed and had about 10 walk ons. I have never heard of them turning anyone away, unless you don't have your paperwork in order.

I'm not sure how that works... On the site you have to register and pay for the course and receive your CID#. I also cannot print out my voucher with out registering for a course. You don't get paperwork unless you register for a class.

When i did mine, and i just logged onto the huntercourse.com site it gave me this:

You have successfully completed the Online Hunter Education Course for the state of New Jersey!

You should now be prepared to take your Hunter Education Field Day, to get your Hunter Education Certificate! To book a Field Day in your area, click on the link below.

Remember, you can access the course material any time leading up to your Field Day. 

Next Steps:

I just clicked on the print your field day voucher, and it saved a pdf copy of the voucher to my computer.

Hi all! I just picked up the booklet and DVD from bullet hole. And started going on the register page for list of classes and they are all filled. I was able to get a cid from the web page but not able to sign up for a class. should I have written the cid down? I'll b looking to take the class in Bridgewater, if anyone knows when that will be. Thx 4 the help

Hi all! I just picked up the booklet and DVD from bullet hole. And started going on the register page for list of classes and they are all filled. I was able to get a cid from the web page but not able to sign up for a class. should I have written the cid down? I'll b looking to take the class in Bridgewater, if anyone knows when that will be. Thx 4 the help

next spring the classes will resume. They don't hold them during the winter months, your outside for the walk through and the range for about an hour at each. I would check the sight again in March.

Last year all the classes were full and I just walked in with my nephew he had his workbook complete and they allowed him to sit for the test. Try just showing up they do accept walk in's chances are they wont turn you away. Worst thing they could say is come back in spring.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!