EWC88

Who goes out on Black Friday?

as someone who works retail 98% of customers on that day are savage assholes. you want to start fixing this worlds problems nuke the malls and walmart on that day and you'll remove most of the scum and lower functioning morons.

as someone who works retail 98% of customers on that day are savage assholes. you want to start fixing this worlds problems nuke the malls and walmart on that day and you'll remove most of the scum and lower functioning morons.

Damn!...and I thought I hated Black Friday... :laugh:

you couldnt pay me to shop on black friday.  have never gone out, will never go out.  no way, no how.  there is nothing i need or want that badly to take my life into my hands by dealing with the psychopaths out that day.  Either that or I'd end up in jail for elbowing someone in the face who tried to grab something out my hands..

Not me. I won't go near any place where Xmas shopping is done from Black Friday till end of January. Plus I hate the Holiday season and do not participate in or practice any of it's traditions. Wife feels same way and we have no children.

You're a mean one....  Mr. Grinch....

:D

Thanks Rosey....

The wife and I prefer to spend the weekend with our civilized friends in the great white north where their day after Thanksgiving is largely spent with family,food,drink and sleep, not fighting some harried parent for the last inane video game so their Johnny can further withdraw from society for the next 3 months.

I find it all so obscene and unnecessary.

Wasn't Canadian Thanksgiving a few weeks ago?

Wasn't Canadian Thanksgiving a few weeks ago?

about three week ago.....We were up there then also for a quick run, only places open were a few restaurants,SAQ for half day and gas stations.....

My wife keeps trying to get me to go out on BF for some killer deals... i keep telling her that I don't like to fight the Mall people anytime of the year. Why would i want to fight the BLACK FRIDAY ZOMBIES on the busiest day of the year.. I can get pretty good deals online. She doesnt understand....

I worked retail for years and I never got the whole Black Friday thing. It's an advertising racket.

Guess what folks - you're not getting any special deals. The retailers are just offering the "B" price right off the bat ... perhaps the "C" price ... maybe - MAYBE - the sheet price for cheap junk, which they advertise just to get you in the door. You can get these prices any other day of the year if you're a halfway decent shopper/negotiator.

Stay home with your families and friends.

I'd say I don't tend to go shopping black Friday because in Judaism, Hanukkah isn't that big of a holiday and when we do give presents to kids they tend to be of nominal value.

You might get a nice present on the first night, but after that it's maybe a small toy, a book, socks and underwear and so on.  Once you become a teenager, you may get one big Hanukkah present like a car or laptop or iPad, but it would be bought in September for Back to School and there is just the understanding that it's for Hanukkah.

I will say that I love seeing all the stuff up for Christmas - the lights and decorations and everybody just seems nicer than normal.  But like I said in a post a few months ago, I wish there were special parking spots and lines for Jews so we didn't have to deal with the crowds.

This is kind of the way I felt the day before Hurricane Sandy when I just needed a few screws for a project at home and I had to stand in line with all of the idiots at Home Depot who were buying emergency supplies the day before the hurricane.  

i went one year just to see what it was about. stood for a couple hours then the doors opened and it was a stampede, people were grabbing some of the stupidest stuff iv ever seen. Iv decided i will never shop with the animals again.

1 guy had like 15 13" tv's in 3 carts no clue what the hell he was thinking.

1 guy had like 15 13" tv's in 3 carts no clue what the hell he was thinking.

lol. 

I always tell my wife: buying stuff you don't need = wasting money, not saving, no matter how cheap it is.

That said, he might have been reselling.

I went to a Walmart on Black Friday weekend (Trayvon Sunday?) and there were cops everywhere, inside and out, and store employees were wearing orange vests. Later found out there had been a mini riot there on Black Friday and I guess they had sales all weekend.

We hardly buy any christmas presents. One year we went crazy and bought all three kids ipods by mistake (the Amazon cart went crazy, I clicked 3 times). 

Although I actually enjoy shopping every few months, I wouldn't even think of traveling south of Andover any time from Thanksgiving eve to the following Monday. One year my wife suggested we go to NYC on Black Friday just to poke around. HUGE mistake.

As for T'giving day itself, by the time the stores open I'm nursing a bad case of gastrointestinal distress caused by too much eating and drinking.

i have gone one time about 4 years ago. i went to one store. i needed a new tv and wanted to get a ps3. i did my research on tvs and found the best price for the one i wanted. i went got my tv got my ps3 and a few games and left. i was probably the 200th person in the store and the first one out.

on a side note, i HATE shopping. when i go to any store/mall i go with a purpose. i go in get what i need and leave. the only place i have actually walked around in is cabelas or bass pro shops.