ryan_j

Dash cams

I've been running mine now for over a month and it's still fine.   The night images on dark streets are pretty much limited to your headlights.  On streets with lights you can see a lot more.  The daytime vids are awesome.  I still haven't caught any whoopsies.   I am thinking about creating a greatest hits of piss poor NJ drivers that pull out in front of me, or otherwise do dumb crap.

I had one where a guy buzzed through a stop sign at 15mph or so to get in front of me and there was a cop right there...the cop was out of his car dealing with something else and let him go or it would have made the hits reel.

I got the same cheapy one off of ebay and it worked for about a week. Keeps locking up and then wouldnt record on its own.

I'd double check all the menus, maybe it lost it's config.  The menus are a pain in the butt to cycle through.   The dashcam forum also mentions people putting in new batteries.  My battery lasts about 5 minutes when it's not connected to the car...really crappy battery in these things.