zoid

Worst thing you forgot to bring to the range?

I don't think anyone will top mine.  I forgot my guns!  Yes.  No lie.  
I was in such a rush to meet my friend I just grabbed my range 

bag that had ammo, targets, all my eyes and ear gear, mags....

But NO GUNS!  

Thankfully he had his so we were still able to shoot. Even 

the guys at the next booth over let us shoot their AR15 and their

Beretta PX4!  Pretty awesome!  

What's the worst thing you left at home when you went to the range?

Technically i had everything i needed to shoot. I had locked everything in the back of my pick up, which has a locking tonneau cover. Went back into my house to grab my car keys and like an idiot put my tonneau cover keys on the counter. dove to range 14, paid for time, backed into my spot and then realized what an idiot i was. Now my cover keys are on the same ring as my truck keys, where they should have been in the first place.

Technically i had everything i needed to shoot. I had locked everything in the back of my pick up, which has a locking tonneau cover. Went back into my house to grab my car keys and like an idiot put my tonneau cover keys on the counter. dove to range 14, paid for time, backed into my spot and then realized what an idiot i was. Now my cover keys are on the same ring as my truck keys, where they should have been in the first place.

Oh man that sucks!  Range 14 is trip too.  

Went bird hunting and just grabbed my case, upon getting ready when i opened the case my spanish mauser was in it from the range trip the week before.

Ended up sharing my brothers shotgun we switched off each bird harvested..

I think I've forgotten everything at one time or another:  ammo, mags, target stand, targets, spotting scope, eye and ear protection, and yes, even my guns once.

Hey, it's tough getting old.  Recently, I forgot my mag loader for a GFH handgun class.  Worked out OK, but my thumbs were aching by the end.

A few years ago I was getting re acquainted with my M1 carbine --  I don't see her much, she lives away from home...

Anyway --  I had an ammo can full of 30 carbine  -- hauled my ass out to PA 

Forgot the mags ---  Ever shoot an M1 carbine single shot?    It was a very disappointing day

I went to sight in a shotgun at Cherry Ridge one time right before deer season, drove the 35 minutes to get there and realized I left my shotgun at home. I had been in a hurry because I didn't have a lot of time to sight it in in the first place. That was a complete waste of a trip.

I guess this would count as forgetting something.

I have two ARs that look the same, almost identical 20" A3 rifles

So I'm passing the state 22lr only range and figure I shoot for 1/2 an hour.

I load a 22lr mag and try to insert it into the rifle..,NG   I packed the 5.56.

I forgot my cigars a couple times, but friends step-up and share theirs, so it all works out!

Stuff like scope, stapler, targets, paper towels, even an extra sweater and hand warmers are always in my trunk.

More than one Competitor has shown-up at a Match with NOTHING and wound-up shooting the entire Match with borrowed equipment!  That's how we roll............

My target for Cherry Ridge is made portable so that it fits in a small bag to go into a Miata.  The face of the target holds it all together by stapling the two sides.

I arrived at Cherry Ridge with everything but my stapler.  Luckily some nice fellow there lent me his extra for the day.

I've forgotten guns, mags, competition belt with attached holster and mags, eye protection, ear protection, you name it.

The more guns you actively shoot the more you have a chance to forget. That or to bring wrong mags or wrong ammo.

A funny one is when I thought I threw my shoes in the car when I was going to shoot a steel match. I didn't, so ended up shooting the match in flip flops.