zoid

Worst thing you forgot to bring to the range?

Planned a range trip to just do some .22 shooting. Brought my Sig Mosquito in its own rug and when I reached in my bag to pull out the mags, NOTHING. When I got home I found them right on top of the safe where I left them. Not a complete loss as I still shot the crap out of the 15-22.

Forgot ammo, forgot my gun, forgot mags for the only gun I brought to function check. 

NOt all at once mind you, and most of it was while heading to a match where I do a lot more than shoot, but it has happened.

I forgot the key to my lock.  I had it passed thru the rifle for safety (damn kids!!) and got to the range.  Had to borrow a bolt cutter to cut it off.  Sucked.  Shoulda just turned around as it wound up being a sucky day on the line. 

Meh.  The guys at GFH were more than helpful.. 

C

Brought Glock 26 mags when going to shoot my Glock 19....ummmm yeah I know

I got you beat.  First match I ever shot someone loaned me G19 mags for my 26.  When I went to reload

I kept trying to force the mag to go all the way in.  Whole session stopped and people were asking what

was wrong.  "Mag won't seat!" I said.   Yeah...  Like I said I have you beat.  

I forgot my shooting partner once. I was brning a froend to the range for his birthday. I was supposed to pick him up and drove right to the range instead. I spent a good 45 minutes being pissed off that he was late before he called me asking where I was... :)

I also had a partner forget the key to the lockbox in his truck on a 3am callout. Here we are at a reported hostage job (turned out to be barricaded person who started shooting at us) and he can't get to his guns.

Watch that become the future of NJ!

DON'T TALK LIKE THAT! They may hear you and think it's a good idea!lol

I've went to the range multiple times to sight optics in, and gotten there and realized I forgot the tools to move the reticle.

So, two days before a hunting trip to Quebec I needed to sight in my Savage Model 10. Cutting it close, but I had just got the scope in the mail and mounted it the night before. Was also going to take my Remington 700 on the trip just in case. Load up everything in my car. Or so I thought. I get to the range, look in the back of my car, and damn near went into a full blown panic attack. My case with the Savage wasn't there. Not in the trunk either. I'm freaking out. I'm think oh snap, I left it on my lawn next to my car. My range is in the middle of nowhere about 45 minutes from my house. I'm frantic trying to call my dad and get him to check, but I can't get cell reception. I finally get a hold of him and he says it's not there. It's not on the lawn, in the garage, or in my room. At this point we are both freaking out. As it turns out, I left it in my laundry room, which is where the back door of my house is. Crisis averted. I calm down, and figure at least I can make sure my Remmy is good to go. Open the gun case, and sure enough the bolt isn't in the gun. So here I am at the range, one gun "missing" and the other without a bolt. Turns out I put it in the wrong ammo can after a range trip with some buddies. I almost always store the bolts separate from the gun, just because I'm obsessive like that. Worst range day ever. Did I mention it was also raining, and I set targets at 100 and 200 yards before I realized all of this?