dwamp2006

Cigars

My wife got me a couple cigars (and likely paid way to much) but she just grabbed "any old thing" for me to try.  After browsing this thread last night I was hankering for one when i got off work.  I went home and enjoyed the hell out of a Montecristo.  It was in a tube.  It was a lot stronger than what I am used to but I really enjoyed it.  She said it was like a 14.00 cigar lol anyway I will be looking into a humidor as I am starting to enjoy this more and more.  My grandfather ALWAYs smoked either a cigar or a pipe... I LOVED that smell!

Could have been a Monte Media Noche.  Excellent cigar.  More full bodied than other Montes. 

Could have been a Monte Media Noche.  Excellent cigar.  More full bodied than other Montes. 

Ill look at the tube when I get home its still in my smoking jacket pocket.  Ive have cheaper Montes before but that one kicked my ass sort of.  I was a tad light headed and was like WTF Last time I felt like that was the first time I tried dipping... lol except this time there was no vomit lol it wasnt a bad feeling just a stronger cigar than ive ever had

BTW, I know some people from jersey sometimes want to know where it is "OK" to carry around here. To me, that doesn't make sense, since I OC every day and have done it every single place there is around here for several years. But since it comes up with you guys and I understand the apprehension, CI is decidedly pro-carry for whatever reason, and pro-OC as well. And one of their employees had to draw on a knife-wielding trouble maker about a year ago IIRC and fortunately did not have to kill the POS but rather detained him for booking by police.

Uhhh maybe a few hours prior.  I work till midnight, got home around 1 and smoked it just after taking care of the baby and dog... so maybe 0130 I ate around 11

Some people need a full belly to be able to handle a full bodied and/or flavored smoke.   That said, you could have smoked an improperly stored stogie or a bad one from the factory.  The last case would be pretty rare from Montecristo, though.  BTW, there is a difference between "body" and "flavor" of cigars.  It's a very esoteric discussion among cigar aficionados, many of whom are bullshitters.

You can read up on it by googling it.  Don't worry if it is confusing.  Like I said, there are many douche-nozzle elitists in the cigar world and they thrive on trying to be as obscure as possible.  "I tasted faint notes of an underbrewed Italian espresso from Nicaragua with a lingering taste of Dennis Rodmann's taint juice on top of a slowly simmered dingleberry stew."

Try what want, find what you like and smoke it.  If you enjoy it, don't let any tell you "That cigar sucks."   :)

Some people need a full belly to be able to handle a full bodied and/or flavored smoke. That said, you could have smoked an improperly stored stogie or a bad one from the factory. The last case would be pretty rare from Montecristo, though. BTW, there is a difference between "body" and "flavor" of cigars. It's a very esoteric discussion among cigar aficionados, many of whom are bullshitters.

You can read up on it by googling it. Don't worry if it is confusing. Like I said, there are many douche-nozzle elitists in the cigar world and they thrive on trying to be as obscure as possible. "I tasted faint notes of an underbrewed Italian espresso from Nicaragua with a lingering taste of Dennis Rodmann's taint juice on top of a slowly simmered dingleberry stew."

Try what want, find what you like and smoke it. If you enjoy it, don't let any tell you "That cigar sucks." :)

That does not sound appetizing :-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Little advice guys.

My humidor keeps dropping into the 50's RH inside. I thought I charged it right ( probably not) and kept the humidifier moist but still pretty dry.

I got the humidor as a gift set for Xmas, left a damp sponge in it for a few days till it was holding steady around 70

I put my cigars in and it dipped, to be expected, but never recovered. I went out and bought a bead jar filled it up. In the meantime I got that 12 pack and put then in there and it dropped even more. Now I have the bead jar and the original humidifier to see if that helps.

Could it be that the forced air heat has been cranking and affecting the humidor? How can I fix this?

Little advice guys.

My humidor keeps dropping into the 50's RH inside. I thought I charged it right ( probably not) and kept the humidifier moist but still pretty dry.

I got the humidor as a gift set for Xmas, left a damp sponge in it for a few days till it was holding steady around 70

I put my cigars in and it dipped, to be expected, but never recovered. I went out and bought a bead jar filled it up. In the meantime I got that 12 pack and put then in there and it dropped even more. Now I have the bead jar and the original humidifier to see if that helps.

Could it be that the forced air heat has been cranking and affecting the humidor? How can I fix this?

In wintertime, especially when the temps and weather have been as bad as they are it's a real struggle to keep humidity consistent. Best solution I have found and I know a ton of other cigar smokers would agree is the Heartfelt Industries Humidity beads. I can keep a consistent 65-68% with this product. Great investment for your sticks.

https://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14

In wintertime, especially when the temps and weather have been as bad as they are it's a real struggle to keep humidity consistent. Best solution I have found and I know a ton of other cigar smokers would agree is the Heartfelt Industries Humidity beads. I can keep a consistent 65-68% with this product. Great investment for your sticks.

https://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14

Yeah I'm using some other products now with the same type of idea.

This is what I picked up from Cortex yesterday. 

IMG_20140127_181001808_zpsxtjx6or4.jpg

Salesman was really good. Answering all my noob questions and prying more out of me. I don't know the quality of them as I haven't smoked them yet (not that I'll know after either) but good buying experience and they have a lounge upstairs as well. 

They make a lot of the cigars in house and have a lounge upstairs.  Fyi There is a $50 for $25 groupon going on now. 

Little advice guys.

This happened to both my humidors. I got a nice big tubber ware and put everything inside. Rock solid at 70% in one day. The boxes wont go over 61% no matter what.

Hey what do you guys think of this mega sampler at CI. I know some of the brands but not all of them. worth it for $99 ? Lists for $343

The Motherlode No. 18 includes:
1 - Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto (6" x 60)
1 - Gurkha Warlord (6.75" x 60)
1 - Gurkha Beast (6.5" x 56)
1 - Gurkha Vintage Shaggy Gran Rothschild (6.5" x 55)
1 - Gurkha Beauty (6.5" x 56)
1 - Oliva Serie 'G' Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Oliva Master Blends III Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto Maduro (5" x 50)
1 - Oliva Connecticut Reserve Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Torano Vault Robusto (5" x 52)
1 - Torano Reserva Selecta Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Torano 1916 Cameroon Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Torano Exodus Gold 1959 Toro (6" x 50)
1 - Torano Exodus 50 Years Toro (6" x 50)
1 – Torano Noventa Maduro Torpedo (6.5” x 54)
1 - CAO Black Ltd. Bengal (6" x 50)
1 - CAO 'VR' Moby (6" x 50)
1 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5" x 56)
1 - CAO Italia Ciao (5" x 56)
1 - CAO Mx2 Robusto (5" x 52)
1 – Alec Bradley Black Market Toro (6” x 50)
1 – Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Nova (5” x 50)
1 – Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto (5” x 50)
1 – Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil Toro (6” x 54)
1 – Alec Bradley Connecticut Robusto (5” x 50)
1 – Alec Bradley Nica Puro Toro (5” x 50)
1 – Casa Magna Colorado Robusto (5.5” x 52)
1 – Casa Magna Oscuro Robusto (5” x 54)
1 – 5 Vegas Cask-Strength Toro (6” x 52)
1 – Man O’ War Side Projects 52C (5” x 52)
1 – Diesel Unholy Cocktail (5” x 56)
1 – Pueblo Dominicano Toro (6.5” x 50)
1 – La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5” x 52)
1 – San Lotano Oval Natural Toro (6.5” x 54)
1 – Ave Maria St. George Belicoso (6” x 54)