RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! November 17th at Clinton WMA

Drez (RF)  :fan: Thanks Bro for organizing this, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!   These events are a "blast"!

Bluelinefish     Thanks for bringing your "toy box"  Letting everyone try out your stuff was "Righteous"  Hat's off to you as well.

OGFarmer       Thanks for bringing that thrower, it got one heck of a work out but it made the day a lot more fun!

Krdshrk           Thanks for letting me try out your 930 JM Pro,  I really enjoyed shooting it and now I want one too!

I had a great day guys and I hope everyone else did too. Weather was awesome and was great to catch up with some of the NJGF regulars and meet some new ones too.

I have to say, this was a lot of fun.  Especially considering I never knew of this site before this morning.   I had a lot of fun shot some fun guns.  That 10 Guage was a cannon, the  Competition 930 was awesome, the Saiga 12, that might be my next purchase, I know it is NJ Neutered Mags.   I am definately going to have to go to the next met.

For the few new shooters I was instructing (sorry guys but I forget your names...Gilbert and Ming, possible?):

I know Black Friday is crazy but Gander Mtn will have the Mossberg 500 Bantam $30 off so it'll be $250 instead of $280. The Bantam version has a shorter stock which would be much more comfortable for shorter people with shorter arms. I believe the forend rails are cut down a little bit as well to make it easier for shorter arms.

I dunno when if or when you guys were going to look at shotguns but keep this in mind if you end up getting in the market to buy one! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions now or in the future.

For the few new shooters I was instructing (sorry guys but I forget your names...Gilbert and Ming, possible?):

I know Black Friday is crazy but Gander Mtn will have the Mossberg 500 Bantam $30 off so it'll be $250 instead of $280. The Bantam version has a shorter stock which would be much more comfortable for shorter people with shorter arms. I believe the forend rails are cut down a little bit as well to make it easier for shorter arms.

I dunno when if or when you guys were going to look at shotguns but keep this in mind if you end up getting in the market to buy one! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions now or in the future.

I think I got them hooked on my 930 JM Pro... Lol..

I think I got them hooked on my 930 JM Pro... Lol..

No kidding! I figured going into this that I'd be happy with a generic pump-action shotgun, but I can't stop thinking about that 930! Not to  mention clays seems so much more fun than shooting at paper targets in an indoor range.

you think that was fun wait till you go to Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays. Its golf with a shotgun

OMG, that looks so cool! I'm definitely going to be trying that out! At least soon as I get some practice. And getting a shotgun would probably be helpful as well.