this_is_nascar

Reliable Transmission Shop

I'm in need of a trustworthy and reliable transmission shop in the 08030 (Gloucester City) area for my 2003 Impala LS.  Not sure if I just need a new filter and fluid changed or not.  From stop, it occasionally feels like it's slipping and/or lurching into the next gear.  It's intermittent and doesn't appear to occur once in motion.

Back in the 90's Thom Buss Transmissions, in Berlin rebuilt my AOD out of my 86 Mustang. They did a great job, but i'm not sure if they're still there.

The were located on Rt 73 near Franklin Trailer.

they were bought out. i believe it's ac transmission there now. they're on the southbound side of 73 just before franklin ave. they did a subaru manual trans for me, and did a great job, within the last year.

check out motor trans on rt73 in marlton. ask for john, and tell him john's car care sent you. i farm out all of my major trans work to him, and so far, he's done a fantastic job for me.

Motor trans in marlton +1. John is a great guy! He has worked in my Pontiac bonneville when I use to own it and did great work. Good think I have no problems with my trans, but miss talking to John, been to busy to stop by his shop and talk.

Motor trans in marlton +1. John is a great guy! He has worked in my Pontiac bonneville when I use to own it and did great work. Good think I have no problems with my trans, but miss talking to John, been to busy to stop by his shop and talk.

yea, he's a great guy. i call for a price, and then we end up shooting the #$ for the next 25 minutes, lololol

Cottman Trans over in Woodbury is who I send customers to. Nick over there knows his stuff.

There's a good trans shop down in Mount Holly that specializes in Mopar transmissions too, called Mt Holly Transmissions. Fella named Paul runs the place, and knows his way around A727 transmissions real well! # is 609-894-4609

Whatever you do DO NOT take it to Aamco.  They are the worst people on planet earth to take a car to.  It doesnt matter what its doing they will tell you it needs a transmission.  Then after they rebuild it the third time it will almost work as good as it did when you took it in for the problem it had in the first place.  My preference for transmissions is the dealer.  The last 2 I replaced came rite from Ford.  They had the best warranty and believe it or not, the lowest price and I only had to change them once.  I have also had decent luck with Jasper remans.

Ken

Nascar, run away from Linden!  A buddy of mine used them, and boy did they take him for a ride on a vanilla 4L60E!  

Go see Anthony over at AC Transmissions like the other poster said.  He was THE GM transmission tech sought after in the dealerships till he went out on his own.  Real stand-up guy, and if his shop makes a goof, he makes it right.

Whatever you do DO NOT take it to Aamco.  They are the worst people on planet earth to take a car to.  It doesnt matter what its doing they will tell you it needs a transmission.  Then after they rebuild it the third time it will almost work as good as it did when you took it in for the problem it had in the first place.  My preference for transmissions is the dealer.  The last 2 I replaced came rite from Ford.  They had the best warranty and believe it or not, the lowest price and I only had to change them once.  I have also had decent luck with Jasper remans.

Ken

Went to an Aamco some 30 years ago and learned my lesson back them.  Never again, but thanks for the heads-up.

Nascar, run away from Linden!  A buddy of mine used them, and boy did they take him for a ride on a vanilla 4L60E!  

Go see Anthony over at AC Transmissions like the other poster said.  He was THE GM transmission tech sought after in the dealerships till he went out on his own.  Real stand-up guy, and if his shop makes a goof, he makes it right.

Thanks.  I had called the guy from Linden yesterday and the 1st thing he said, was that I needed my tranny fixed at $1800.  Didn't even get to explain what was going on.  He heard my make/model of car and that's when he said it would take $1800 worth of work.  Kind of makes me wonder why he's go down that path without 1st hearing what problems I'm having.  It's because of this that I posted here and other places trying to get opinions from others.  I was going to use Angie's List, but I didn't realize they charged for their service.

With the amount of computer controlled components in a car now there can be a lot of things that may make it act up.  Not all of them mean it needs a new trans.  A perfect example is my F250.  It would slip like a like a dog on ice in reverse.  It did not need a trans though, only a solenoid.  Been fine for the last 60k miles.  That dude telling you $1800 sight unseen is not the guy Id go see.  If you have a trusted local mechanic it might not be a bad idea just to let him/her take a look with a scan tool and then check for any relevant TSB's

Ken

West Deptford Transmission, 466 Crown Point Rd, West Deptford, NJ,  ‎ (856) 848-5020

http://westdeptfordauto.procarcarezone.com/topshop/web/web_template/temp4/default.asp?id=118272

They have always treated me right and have gone the extra mile.

With the amount of computer controlled components in a car now there can be a lot of things that may make it act up.  Not all of them mean it needs a new trans.  A perfect example is my F250.  It would slip like a like a dog on ice in reverse.  It did not need a trans though, only a solenoid.  Been fine for the last 60k miles.  That dude telling you $1800 sight unseen is not the guy Id go see.  If you have a trusted local mechanic it might not be a bad idea just to let him/her take a look with a scan tool and then check for any relevant TSB's

Ken

Agreed.  I was really taken back when he basically started his part of the conversation with "it will cost about $1800 to fix it", without ever seeing/testing or diagnosing the tranny.

West Deptford Transmission, 466 Crown Point Rd, West Deptford, NJ,  ‎ (856) 848-5020

http://westdeptfordauto.procarcarezone.com/topshop/web/web_template/temp4/default.asp?id=118272

They have always treated me right and have gone the extra mile.

Thanks.  They're pretty close.