sage613

against the law for an adult to shoot a youth model?

I was in Dick's today (please, don't start on me on that-I know) and was interested in purchasing a youth model of a long gun. (I'm a relatively small dude and the youth model fits better)  The salesman told me that to purchase it for myself was illegal.  When I asked him "How is it illegal, for hunting?  He said, "No-it is illegal in NJ for an adult to shoot a youth model of a gun-even at a range"

I have never, ever, heard of this.  Is this true?

I was in Dick's today (please, don't start on me on that-I know) and was interested in purchasing a youth model of a long gun. (I'm a relatively small dude and the youth model fits better)  The salesman told me that to purchase it for myself was illegal.  When I asked him "How is it illegal, for hunting?  He said, "No-it is illegal in NJ for an adult to shoot a youth model of a gun-even at a range"

That salesman has lowered the bar for idiotic statements by someone behind the counter.

That's dumb enough to be worth calling out to management there.

And how, pray tell, does he think Dicks would be able to sell a youth model?  Only an adult would have an FID.   

This is true!!! It is absolutly against the law to shoot a youth model!

It is also against the law to shoot senior models and its also a problem to shoot people who only model parts of their body too.

Of course you can shoot any model if they are doing something to put you in fear for your life on or off the set or runway! :hunter: 

I think you already received your answer.  The only thing I would add, and is equally as scary is his vote counts as much as yours… 

the scariest part of all of this...

so much fail, i cant even fathom it.. 

to purchase for yourself is illegal..  but purchasing it for someone else is a straw purchase..  lol..   i guess no one can buy that gun

"so what are we going to say today..."

"Im not sure... what are you thinking..."

"how about we tell people... it is illegal for adults to shoot a youth model gun.."

"no way no one will ever believe that shit.."

"OMG I can't believe you pulled that off.. epic.."

Salesman is a complete idiot.  How does a child buy a rifle legally?  Um can't be done. Parent or guardian buys rifle legally,  making it his / hers and lets the child use it while supervised.

Wow, that's the single craziest thing I've ever heard in a store!

Most of the other crazy things you hear are based on some confusion about actual law, or are common mistakes, and you can figure out where the bad info came from.  This one is absolutely bonkers!