sage613

against the law for an adult to shoot a youth model?

I went to a dicks over the weekend to do some window shopping and to kill some time (i know i know). and decided to ask about some bolt action center fire rifles on the rack. Told the sales-teen behind the counter that I was looking for such and such a model in 30-06. After pointing to exactly which rifle I was looking at (he was unable to locate the rifles in question otherwise) I asked him what he had in stock. After showing him where to look for the clambering his reply of "it says 7 M-M, is that what you are looking for, I think im reading the wrong thing...."! He then picked up the next one off the rack and said "it says point 2-7-0 win. Is that what your looking for?" After beatin my head against the counter I thanked him for his time and walked away frustrated at the loosing battle.

Apparently the training standards are sub par. It's ok though, I'm sure he got a trophy in little league for showing up despite being the worst team in the league....

Ask the clerk how he sells youth model guns if minors aren't allowed to buy guns and if adults cannot buy them either. Ask him who can buy them. Ask him if it is a straw purchase if you buy one as a Christmas present for your kid and then ask if an assault youth model version is available. Ask him if he will gift wrap it for you.

Went to the H G in Branchburg and was told that I needed a FID card to see a rifle , so I showed it to them. I then went to put it away and was told that I needed to leave it on the counter. I asked the salesman why and he said that if the State Police stopped in it needed to be on the counter. I asked him why and he said it was the law. I told him it was not the law. He then told me that is what the SP told him. To make a long story short by the end he said , mabey it was company policy. He had no idea what the laws are. He then said that they had to do what the SP said. I said even it was not a law. After that he said nothing else.

That salesman has lowered the bar for idiotic statements by someone behind the counter.

That's dumb enough to be worth calling out to management there.

And how, pray tell, does he think Dicks would be able to sell a youth model?  Only an adult would have an FID.   

Hahaha wow this had me laughing so hard. Thank you.

Went to the H G in Branchburg and was told that I needed a FID card to see a rifle , so I showed it to them. I then went to put it away and was told that I needed to leave it on the counter. I asked the salesman why and he said that if the State Police stopped in it needed to be on the counter. I asked him why and he said it was the law. I told him it was not the law. He then told me that is what the SP told him. To make a long story short by the end he said , mabey it was company policy. He had no idea what the laws are. He then said that they had to do what the SP said. I said even it was not a law. After that he said nothing else.

I'm not surprised at all. Branchburg Heritage Guild is filled with a bunch of unknowledgeable employees. I have been boycotting that place after numerous bad experiences there, and I don't advise anyone to go there intending on learning anything about guns or gun laws.

I'm not surprised at all. Branchburg Heritage Guild is filled with a bunch of unknowledgeable employees. I have been boycotting that place after numerous bad experiences there, and I don't advise anyone to go there intending on learning anything about guns or gun laws.

Never been there. But in that area, Lou's in Raritan is great.

They also make you sign your name in their book when buying handgun ammo. I was also told that was because the SP wanted it that way. Went in there one day to get a price on ordering a gun, and was told none were ava. The counter guy would not even get up to check if it was ava to order . Went to another store ordered in 10 min , four days later it was in. How can you tell someone that there are none ava if you don't even check the distributor? When the other deale checked there were 29 in stock. I just goto HG to look at stuff and buy at another place for that reason.

They also make you sign your name in their book when buying handgun ammo. I was also told that was because the SP wanted it that way. Went in there one day to get a price on ordering a gun, and was told none were ava. The counter guy would not even get up to check if it was ava to order . Went to another store ordered in 10 min , four days later it was in. How can you tell someone that there are none ava if you don't even check the distributor? When the other deale checked there were 29 in stock. I just goto HG to look at stuff and buy at another place for that reason.

Me and my dad have both had pretty bad experiences at hg branch burg, their other locations are great but the employees at the bb location really need to step up their friendliness and cut down on the tude. My dad walked in there last week to inquire about a glock and when asked what the difference was between 2 models they scoffed at him and said" this one is like a mustang and this ones like a nova" in a douchebaggery way. Needless to say he walked out and is taking his business else where. Also they allowed me to make a possibly illegal transaction there that I won't discuss openly but has been resolved

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Also isn't the handgun ammo log just an nj thing? I though all shops had to log handgun ammo

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity[/quote

Yes it is , but there in no law that states you have to sign your name in the book. This is the only place that does this

That guys seems qualified to work there.

The name of the store perfectly describes the people they hire.

I've also seen them refuse to show a shotgun to someone because they did not have a FID card with them.

They just make up their own rules.

I'll say this though, if the manager hadn't been there, it would've been a real pain dealing with the kid at the counter.

When I asked if they had the 20ga bantam in stock he started looking around and then was like "I'll have to check our book" meanwhile I'm staring right at it. 

So I pzoint to it as go "pretty sure that's it". He looks at (it's next to a .22 w/ a 16" bbl and says "I think you're right, because this looks like a 12ga" pointing at the rifle. : facepalm:

Just at Dick's in Depford - they had several of the Mavericks at the $169 price.  While I didn't buy, I was sorely tempted - the overall build quality was pretty good for a low priced shotgun.  I would go for one of them over a remington 870 express.