carl_g

need a scale

Just ordered a lee classic turret press from kempf gun shop and the kit does not come with a scale.

A good friend reccomended this one : http://m.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/25215/catid/7/Dillon__039_s___039_Eliminator__039__Scale

Is there anything else that might be cheaper that I should consider?

Thanks

I use this one: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175512/frankford-arsenal-ds-750-electronic-powder-scale-750-grain-capacity

It's not the most accurate, but it does come with a check weight to see how far off you are. I've been loading with it for several years now and have no problems.

I use

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/814722/rcbs-rangemaster-750-electronic-powder-scale-750-grain-capacity-110-volt

They regularly go on sale for less than 100.  IIRC, I got mine for 89.  I've been using it for ~4 years.

Been very accurate for me.  I let it stabilize for ~15 minutes, then use check weight.  Verify every 1/2 hour or so doesn't drift more than 0.1 gr.

I bought the $$$ electronic scale from Enos and it never worked all that well.  Finally decided I needed something that was more "stable" and could weigh very light powder better.  I ended up getting this and for the most part it works very well.  The only issue I've had is that it starts to "drift" after awhile.  I wrote to the manufacture and they said to send it to them (now that I'm done working up some loads).  I'll see if they send back a good unit, but even despite that, I think it works great.  Most scales only weigh to 0.1 grains.  The MACK scale goes to 0.02 grains.  My test loads have been much more consistent when using this scale.  Here is a link to it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Jennings-Compact-Digital-Jewelry-Scale/dp/B003ORNIJG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384217366&sr=8-2&keywords=mack+scale

I've used three scales, RCBS 505, Rangemaster 750, and Chargemaster 1500.  The 1500 is a great scale.  There's no warmup time, fast, consistent, and accurate.  I primarily use the 1500 and one of the others as a sanity check.  I highly recommend the 1500.  It's expensive, but worth the cost if you really get into reloading.  RCBS may still have the rebate program going on, not sure.  The 750 is good, but mine needs some warmup time to get stable.  I would not cheap out on a scale.

I've used three scales, RCBS 505, Rangemaster 750, and Chargemaster 1500.  The 1500 is a great scale.  There's no warmup time, fast, consistent, and accurate.  I primarily use the 1500 and one of the others as a sanity check.  I highly recommend the 1500.  It's expensive, but worth the cost if you really get into reloading.  RCBS may still have the rebate program going on, not sure.  The 750 is good, but mine needs some warmup time to get stable.  I would not cheap out on a scale.

+1 on the Chargemaster 1500

+1 on the Chargemaster 1500

+2 on the Chargemaster. I believe the $50 rebate on $300 is still going until the end of the year.

I ended up getting the RCBS 505. Thanks.

Out of all the scales I have tried, the 5-0-5 is still my favorite.  It doesnt need to warm up, it doesnt drift, and it is not affected my magnetic interference. 

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid!

Ken