david8613

So who pre-ordered one of the new gaming consoles? What did you get?

Ps4 here... assassins creed.. not to excited, only getting that game cause it is the only release game that interest me in the slightest.. waiting on 2014 games like Destiny.  my friends are pressuring me to get battllefield 4.. idk $$

So who PRE ordered one of the gaming consoles? What did you get? I preordered ps4 with battlefield, killzone, and assassins creed, cannot wait!

I have 2 extra ps4 controllers and cod ghosts for ps4 sitting in my house and i stare at them everyday pissed that its not the 15th yet.

I haven't bought a new gaming console in years. I'm still staring at my PS2. Haha. Now that my boys are getting older I've thought about getting a new one since the Wii they have is getting boring for them.

When I stopped in at the local game stop both workers stated that the PS4 is a much better system from a hardware perspective. Better video card, faster processor and overall proven design. They ended by saying they each have the PS4 on order. Considering the price is pretty close, we decided to get the PS4....

Am I a stereotype because I have to decide whether to get an AR upper or one of the new consoles? Games or guns. Tough choice.

For me, not a tough choice. I have stacks of video games that I have not played sitting in my basement but I will have to go shooting at least twice a week or else I get edgy.

None, I stick with the PC.

Personally I miss the days of pretty much every game was available for every system.

You purchased the system that looked the best and played best on or the one you can afford.

Now with all these exclusive games for just one system it gets too expensive to buy a system just to play a game. And the new systems are not backwards compatible to the games you already have.

If something dies on the PC, I can just run down to the local computer store and buy a part and get it running same day, no such thing with a console.

There is nothing a PC can't do that a console can except play those exclusive games.

I had a PS4 Day 1 system ordered on Amazon, but ended up cancelling it a couple weeks ago.  I don't play FPS games so it made more sense to just wait until the games libraries grew and then maybe pick up a system later. . hopefully cheaper as well.  I did see the XB1 demo system at the MS store and they had KI running on it.  Game looked really good, but I think MS needs to drop their price when you compare what you get for the money HW wise.

pre ordered PS4 from Best Buy and bought 3 games from Amazon yesterday since they had a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal.. so Battlefield 4, Call Of Duty Ghosts, and Assassin's Creed 4 will arrive in my mailbox tomorrow for just $120 which includes 2 promo free launch downloads for COD & BF.

nowhere near as exciting as anticipating a new firearm though.  plus im not into console FPS so this will be a new experience to me.  havent been into FPS since Counterstrike on PC

None, I stick with the PC. Personally I miss the days of pretty much every game was available for every system. You purchased the system that looked the best and played best on or the one you can afford. Now with all these exclusive games for just one system it gets too expensive to buy a system just to play a game. And the new systems are not backwards compatible to the games you already have. If something dies on the PC, I can just run down to the local computer store and buy a part and get it running same day, no such thing with a console. There is nothing a PC can't do that a console can except play those exclusive games.

100% with you.  But in addition to your points, I love PC games for other reasons.

Mods.  Be it some full, polished pack, like "Black Mesa" (remake of the original Half Life on the HL2 engine), or an add-on for Ghost Recon that adds new guns, it is nice to have options other than the official, supported mods. 

Additionally, I can modify game files.  I liked Left4Dead, but it pissed me off the M16 had a 50rd magazine, or the 1911 had a 15rd mag.  I went into game files, and modified the files so that the mags are more realistic capacities (though some are not NJ legal...hah).  Additionally, I can go into the console and modify the way the game looks, like removing the annoying white fog so each level is darker, while increasing the brightness of the flashlight to mimic the output of flashlights I actually own.

I still play games I played as a kid...games from the DOS era still work on my current computers.  I may have to play with a few extra settings or whatever the first time I run the game, but they typically work just fine.  I don't have to drag out an old console from the bottom of a closet if I want to play them.  I can also play many games at 2048x1536, 50% higher resolution than HD (or still hook up my HDTV if I want a bigger display than my 22"), I've got 7.2 surround for my PC, and most importantly, I can actually aim with a mouse, not those retarded little joysticks on console controllers.

I have a 360, and about 15 games.  I think I've played 4 of them.  If Forza were available on PC, I don't think I'd have more than 10 hours on my 360.  I have since re-purchased some games for PC so I don't have to deal with that annoying xbox controller.

TL;DR: Eff consoles and eff console 'exclusive' games.

2011-08-18.png

that being said there is nothing worth getting the new consoles for yet. gran tusimo 6 is ps3 only, titan fall is xbox 360 also not just next gen.. ryse, dead rising 3, and infamous are none of which worth getting a new console for. maybe when uncharted comes out ps4 will be worth looking at a bit more closely. even wii u was just worth picking up now that the 3rd mario platformer, pikmin, super smash brothers, mario kart and zelda are all either out or in the works and expected next year. 

Everybody is saying they are waiting for games and for bugs to go away, or saying just get a pc. Well im here to say im very much enjoying my ps 4, was playing battlefield all night never even had a chance to open assasins creed or killzone we were having so much fun and im planning on picking up knack and need for speed for the hell of it, she is a fine game system fast nice graphics, oh remote play with my vita is very cool,the new controller is a huge step above previous models...ps4 is awesome guys!