david8613

So who pre-ordered one of the new gaming consoles? What did you get?

I had to deal with a bunch of these jackasses waiting for gamestop to open up last night at midnight. If half these clowns had as much dedication in trying to find a job the country would be in better shape. The priorities in the country suck

You got that right. I went one time to get a game at midnight. It was the same night as an eagles home night game and there is a best buy a few blocks from the linc. I thought no problem I'll be in and out. Wrong. It's was a strange group outside there. I'll never do that again. I just preorder on amazon if I want one. Sad part is I didn't even play it for almost a week after I bought it.

I had to deal with a bunch of these jackasses waiting for gamestop to open up last night at midnight. If half these clowns had as much dedication in trying to find a job the country would be in better shape. The priorities in the country suck

just because someone is awake at midnight means they don't have a job and/or aren't trying to find one? awfully ignorant don't you think?

It was actually supposed to but they changed it as usual like the ps3 was supposed to play ps2 and so on

It's because the PS4 and XBO are both now x86_64 processor architecture based, whereas most of the last generation console was generally POWER architecture based. This means that the PS4 and XBO have processors similar to the ones in your PC, unlike the last gen.

To run older software on the new architecture would generally mean that you'd need some sort of emulation or translation, which means a performance hit. It's almost like the old Macs. They didn't run Windows until they switched to Intel, because they used POWERPC processors. However, once they did switch to Intel, they included Rosetta with OSX, which allowed POWERPC apps to run in the new Intel environment. The processors were generally powerful enough, but there were occasional issues.

It does make you wonder where that dedication is in society the rest of the time, doesn't it?

I went to a midnight release once for Gears of War 3 in Mansfield... never again.  One guy went screaming through the parking lot waving the game around overhead.  My buddy and I were the oldest people there next to all those kids'/teens' parents, and it was depressing knowing all those 13-year-olds were going to be kicking our asses online in the following days  :crying:

Off topic, I think the retro lancer was designed for people like me who can't fast-twitch the gnasher in phone booth-size battles like those damn try-hard kids. 

The Xbox is pretty cool. Kinda a little scary too. Like if I'm playing a game and my son walks in the room it says"hello josh" on the screen. It uses facial recognition software and knows who he is. It knows who is holding the different controllers too. You can change channels now with your voice because you plug your cable box into it.

No offense but I'm not paying over retail for it. I can wait a month or 2 if I need to.

I'm with you on that one. My brother wants one for Christmas but I'm not over paying. I'll just get him a game stop gift card for the exact amount so he can get one in a month or 2 when they are more available.