Sharrie*1

Drilling a Brake

Ahhhh, what the hell. I admitted I was wrong. Can't say most here do that. They'd rather argue. Could have been worse.. Plus we ended up - almost- having eggs. Can't beat that. Unless of course you have them hard boiled with beer. Then we better all watch out... Yeesh!

No argument from me. Just a little explanation on my "NASA" methods for anyone that might not understand.

But people that seek me out because of how I do it to perform the work on their 3k+ and 5k+ rifles seem to appreciate the work :D

If your work comes with an egg breffuss... I'm in!

Ahhhh, what the hell. I admitted I was wrong. Can't say most here do that. They'd rather argue. Could have been worse.. Plus we ended up - almost- having eggs. Can't beat that. Unless of course you have them hard boiled with beer. Then we better all watch out... Yeesh!

:)

No argument from me. Just a little explanation on my "NASA" methods for anyone that might not understand.

But people that seek me out because of how I do it to perform the work on their 3k+ and 5k+ rifles seem to appreciate the work :D

Yes i have been told by some  :) they dont want sloppy welds LOL

Yuck! I dont eat or serve chicken period!!!!!

Yea that comment usually ruins egg eating for most for about 6 months LOL!!!

Then maybe you'd like rattle snake? It tastes like chicken without the chicken!

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Ok, here is an update. I just got the brake installed today (12/7/13). The carbide bit was just the ticket. Drilled like butter. Welded the barrel. I think it looks for the first attempt, but I may have the next one done professionally :-)

Anyhow, thanks to all that responded to my cry for help!!

Merry Christmas!

Not to drag on this thread but is drilling into the barrel 1/8 of an inch enough to pin the brake? I just finished mounting a brake to my new m4gery. Two issues that I had. 1. When timing the brake I compressed the crush washer to the point that its not perfectly aligned with the barrel.ugh.... so I Tryed to re time the brake with a new crush washer and same thing any comments on that and 2. While installing the brake I did the timing checked the depth twice maybe three times and set up the drill press. Drilled hole, installed pin. Once the pin was installed I Tryed to remove the brake and there was a little movement. Now Iam a big guy 290 and build so I guess if I Tryed I could just wrench it off. Destroying the Barker and barrel at the same time. Should I be concerned? Again thanks all for your help.......oh and by the way that Duracoat job I did a month ago came out really nice the finish is really on their..... it's been out to the range a few times and the only issue is that due to the fact that's is a sp1 upper with no case deflector it left little marks that just wiped off......