illy

Dick's Black Friday

I'm eyeing up that 64 gun sentinel safe for 700. I figure a 64 gun safe actually holds maybe 50 guns. Enough for the more valuable pieces of my collection.

I'm eyeing up that safe and possibly a rem700

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

I'm eyeing up that 64 gun sentinel safe for 700. I figure a 64 gun safe actually holds maybe 50 guns. Enough for the more valuable pieces of my collection.

I looked at that and all I could think was O...M...G...

I can't stop thinking about that big ass safe. I just spent half the day cleaning so I will have room for it. I'm getting there as soon as it opens. I even got the ok go ahead from the wife.

Go for it...

seems like the BIG one only has bolts on TWO sides!  

Yep says it only has 5 bolts TOTAL.  And that type of interior racks for the long guns is horrible IMO, to be able to get a gun in the back out you have to pull the ones in front of it out.

Do gun deals typically go fast? Can I just stroll in on 10am Friday morning and pick up one of the $169 Maverick 88s, or would I have to be in line on Thanksgiving day to have a chance? I generally like to be drunk on Thanksgiving Day, so I'm hoping its not the latter!

FWIW, I have that 10 gun Field & Stream fire safe, and I totally regret it. Assuming your long guns have pistol grips and/or optics, you aren't going to fit more than 2 guns on each side of the interior center divider (4 max). And that's assuming no magazines, and having to remove a long gun to access one in the back. Additionally, I was expecting to be able to hang a bunch of handguns on the door, but there isn't much clearance between the door and the interior of the safe.

I went to black Friday midnight opening @ Woodbridge last year and the turnout was huge. It took some time to get through the line at gun counter, You fill out nics forms, pay for nics then they will call you in a day or so when they get them back since nics is closed. The inventory was not great things went fairly quick. I picked up a Stoeger o/u and 24 gun field and stream safe. The other guns I wanted went to the people ahead of me and none were left. They only had 3 Stoegers and the other 2 were banged up pretty good. I was 8th in line @ gun counter and that took like 40 min to get to person behind counter and there was like 30 people behind me.

Also I couldn't believe how many people were going to the gun section

I went to black Friday midnight opening @ Woodbridge last year. I picked up a 24 gun field and stream safe. 

any thought on the F&S 24g safe?  would u recc the bigger one on sale this year? some feedback is greatly appreciated.