Howard

Meet the CZ Twins

The black one has lots of work done on it from the CZ custom shop, including the sights. The grips are VZ grips and are great. While I like the rubber grips on the stainless one the VZ grips are thinner and feel great. I highly recommend the CZ-75B, heck I liked mine so much I got another one.

The black one did this for me today at 10 yards and I am not the best shot

Posted Image

Definitely a pair of the most ergonomic handguns out there. Only the M&P feels better, and that is probably only because it has a smaller grip. I would like to get a P-01.

I just picked up a CZ 75BD last month for my birthday present (wife's permission of course). Took it out the first time last week and I could believe how well I shot the first time out. I don't know if it was the smaller sights or being a heavier gun than my other 9mm, Walther P99, but I looked like a champ at the range. lol

I was searching for a full size 75 BD but could not find one locally and I had a permit expiring within days but luckily found the compact version. I was concerned with the recoil of the compact 9mm but it seems much lighter than my Walther P99 and the barrel did not bounce around at all much like the P99 did when I shot it. I will take it out again this week and hopefully I will see the same or better results.  Might even consider selling the Walther since it may not get much use now and end up getting the full size CZ 75 as well. So far I am a huge fan of CZ firearms. 

That's I nice shot of the bright stainless one.  Mine are both 9mm.  I've got a Glock G22 which is .40 cal, great for HD but not super fun to shoot.  These CZ's are both a lot of fun.

Used the black one for the IDPA classifier today in Somerset.  Since I had squeaked by as Marksman in the last classified in Easton with my Beretta in SSP I shot the CZ cocked in locked in ESP today.  Did a full 40 seconds better with it than I had with the Beretta.  Love the CZ's!!!!

Nice pics - I recognized the custom shop model (I've spent enough time on their page). I've been looking for an SP-01 to accompany my 75-BD; with two permits left and those things rare to begin with, it'll be tough to pull off for this round.

What mags do you run in competition - 10 rounders, or pinned?

I have been using the stock Mec Gar 16 rounders pinned to the people's republic of NJ limit of 15.  I have two 10 rounders as well but have not used them yet.  The competition sights on the black one are so much easier for me to pick up that the standard three dot on the stainless one.

I believe the compact uses a small mag, but you can use the larger ones in it - they just stick out further.

Correct, the P01 and PCR compacts use a smaller mag (14 rnds) but will accept and function with the full size mags no problem. The P01 is an amazing gun...still trying to convince a friend to sell his to me. It would compliment my full size nicely!

Howard, beautiful set of twins you have there!