Shawnmoore81

Girl guns

First, you should be asking her what she likes, not a bunch of people on the inter-webs.

Second, you should get the idea of "Girl guns" out of your mind. If you approach this as "these are guns for girls and these are guns for guys" you are automatically eliminating a large chunk of options because you are mentally/subconsciously tallying them in the "not for girls" category. She may absolutely love a 1911/Glock/.44/BHP/92FS/M&P etc... but she may never know because you didn't consider any of those a "girl's" gun.

Let her shoot everything she can get her hands on and pick what feels best for her. If done correctly this should be a very time consuming and expensive process but in the end she will get what actually works for her - not what you, or anyone else, thinks she should get.

What I did was give her a price range for her first gun, recommended a caliber she knew she could fire, dragged her down to the lgs and let her fondle a bunch... She has bad metacarpal syndrome sometimes, plus we must prepare for the fact that she may end up like her mom and end up with arthritis in her hands. She also tried a lot of guns I have. She has trouble racking slides on my 1911... Little trouble with my HKs...

She doesn't want a revolver so...

She ended up getting a 9mm Beretta PX4 Storm Compact. She picked it. She loves it.

If you already have a nice selection of handguns, let her fondle them to see what she thinks she wants. Then do what I did. Hell, with the ranges renting a nice plethora of guns these days, try before you buy. As for color, cerakoting can be done in pink on just about any gun...

This is the only right and fair way IMHO... :)

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

The same question was just asked on Facebook - in 'NJ Guns For Sale'.  My comments there are the same for here (copied from FB)

Ruger has several different colors, including pink, for their LCP and LC9. I, for one, would never buy one...they look too much like a child's water pistol. Take a look at the Ruger web page under 'dealer exclusives'...

If you have little kids in the house, you DONT want one of the pink or lavender Rugers....they look too too toy-like and I can see nothing good coming from that combination.

She doesn't care about most things gun guys look for in a gun. She wants a gun that's "cute". My buddy bought that pink sig .22 for his wife and said he was having issues. I'm gonna find out what they were today. She likes my 229 and says if someone breaks in that's what she grabbing. So this will be a target practice pistol mostly. Gonna try and get her in a 9mm or .38. I'd like her to get a carry permit. We spend a lot of time in Delaware and they have wonderful gun laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First, you should be asking her what she likes, not a bunch of people on the inter-webs.

Second, you should get the idea of "Girl guns" out of your mind. If you approach this as "these are guns for girls and these are guns for guys" you are automatically eliminating a large chunk of options because you are mentally/subconsciously tallying them in the "not for girls" category. She may absolutely love a 1911/Glock/.44/BHP/92FS/M&P etc... but she may never know because you didn't consider any of those a "girl's" gun.

Let her shoot everything she can get her hands on and pick what feels best for her. If done correctly this should be a very time consuming and expensive process but in the end she will get what actually works for her - not what you, or anyone else, thinks she should get.

She wants a pink gun. So yeah, a girl gun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am a girl and my favorite "girl" guns cover the gamut- Sig SP2022 (9 mm), ruger 22/45, STI Spartan (.45). Next on my list - a .357 revolver. (FWIW - my preteen, petite daughter took a NRA First Steps Pistol course at GFH and her favorite was the .357 revolver.)

I tried telling her that. It's quite nerve racking. But what can I really complain about. I buy whatever guns I want. She now wants a gun and got her permit. If she ants a pink gun I'll order her a pink gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife likes to shoot my beretta nano, because of the small grip. It can be found with a pink frame or one can be ordered from beretta for around $35. The frame (cover) is not serialized so you you can essientially have it as a his and hers as needed. 9mm , easy to conceal and shoots sweet. My two cents.